VATICAN - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - In a statement issued yesterday, the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue has asked for a clear and courageous sentence on behalf of religious leaders, especially Muslims, and all people of good will, of the crimes committed in Iraq by jihadists of the Islamic State against Christians, Yazidis and other religious minorities.
The Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, an organ of the Roman Curia, has the purpose of promoting interreligious dialogue, in adherence to the spirit of the II Vatican Council.
Fides proposes the full text of the statement: (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2014)
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans