VATICAN - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - In a statement issued yesterday, the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue has asked for a clear and courageous sentence on behalf of religious leaders, especially Muslims, and all people of good will, of the crimes committed in Iraq by jihadists of the Islamic State against Christians, Yazidis and other religious minorities.
The Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, an organ of the Roman Curia, has the purpose of promoting interreligious dialogue, in adherence to the spirit of the II Vatican Council.
Fides proposes the full text of the statement: (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2014)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"