VATICAN - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - In a statement issued yesterday, the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue has asked for a clear and courageous sentence on behalf of religious leaders, especially Muslims, and all people of good will, of the crimes committed in Iraq by jihadists of the Islamic State against Christians, Yazidis and other religious minorities.
The Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, an organ of the Roman Curia, has the purpose of promoting interreligious dialogue, in adherence to the spirit of the II Vatican Council.
Fides proposes the full text of the statement: (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2014)
- 2014-12-03 - VATICAN – Religious leaders resolve “to work for the freedom of all those who are enslaved and trafficked”
- 2014-11-26 - The First International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Human Trafficking
- 2014-11-24 - Pope Francis: may the Lord grant a new missionary drive to the Church in India
- 2014-10-30 - Pope's appeal: take all necessary measures to eradicate the Ebola virus
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month