VATICAN - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - In a statement issued yesterday, the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue has asked for a clear and courageous sentence on behalf of religious leaders, especially Muslims, and all people of good will, of the crimes committed in Iraq by jihadists of the Islamic State against Christians, Yazidis and other religious minorities.
The Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, an organ of the Roman Curia, has the purpose of promoting interreligious dialogue, in adherence to the spirit of the II Vatican Council.
Fides proposes the full text of the statement: (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2014)
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS