AMERICA/MEXICO - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - In Mexico, approximately 45,000 children and young people have been abducted and are victims of sexual exploitation and trafficking in organs. This is the complaint made by the Foundation for the Research of Missing and Abducted children. Criminal gangs are mainly active in the Federal District and in the States of Mexico, Veracruz, Tijuana, Monterrey, Guadalajara, and in the border areas in the north and south of the Country. Often young people are lured by criminal networks with enticing offers. According to American and French authorities that observe the phenomenon in Mexico, the victims are operated in American hospitals, where their organs are removed by corrupt doctors. The age group of these children who are kidnapped range between 7 to 10. Younger children are often kidnapped for adoption. In order to face this serious problem, the Foundation for the Research of Missing and Abducted children have created a free campaign on the phenomenon of child abduction in the schools of the Federal District and in the States of Mexico, Veracruz and Puebla.
According to UNICEF, 1.2 million children go missing Worldwide each year. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 12/08/2014)
- 2015-11-18 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The missing priest's body found, he had been set on fire
- 2015-11-17 - Parish priest in Cook has been missing for days
- 2015-11-16 - The child martyrs of Tlaxcala: martyrs of all Latin America
- 2015-11-12 - Minors not allowed to work in the sugarcane fields
- 2015-11-10 - A battlefield where migrants suffer, are attacked, die
- 2015-11-06 - Mgr. Arizmendi inaugurates a house of the migrant in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- 2015-11-05 - Bishops' appeal for peace: "Dialogue with everyone, even with organized crime"
- 2015-11-03 - For the first time in Mexican history a Pope's encyclical will be presented in the Senate
- 2015-10-27 - “Drugs are drugs even when sold as medicines”: the Catholic stance
- 2015-10-27 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Children in mining areas risk lead poisoning