AMERICA/MEXICO - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - In Mexico, approximately 45,000 children and young people have been abducted and are victims of sexual exploitation and trafficking in organs. This is the complaint made by the Foundation for the Research of Missing and Abducted children. Criminal gangs are mainly active in the Federal District and in the States of Mexico, Veracruz, Tijuana, Monterrey, Guadalajara, and in the border areas in the north and south of the Country. Often young people are lured by criminal networks with enticing offers. According to American and French authorities that observe the phenomenon in Mexico, the victims are operated in American hospitals, where their organs are removed by corrupt doctors. The age group of these children who are kidnapped range between 7 to 10. Younger children are often kidnapped for adoption. In order to face this serious problem, the Foundation for the Research of Missing and Abducted children have created a free campaign on the phenomenon of child abduction in the schools of the Federal District and in the States of Mexico, Veracruz and Puebla.
According to UNICEF, 1.2 million children go missing Worldwide each year. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 12/08/2014)
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem