VATICAN - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Yesterday evening the Holy Father received Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and newly appointed Personal Envoy of the Pope in Iraq, in Santa Marta, to show his closeness to the people, and especially to Christians, severely affected by the current conflict and who are most in need of support and encouragement .
The Cardinal informed the Pope on the preparation of his mission and his imminent departure.
The Pope expressed his feelings to the Cardinal with regards to the ongoing tragic events - feelings already expressed publicly by him several times in recent days - and gave him his personal recommendations for the mission, and a sum to be used for urgent aid to the people most affected, as a sign of concrete solidarity. A meeting with the highest national authorities and the Kurdish Region has also been scheduled. (Agenzia Fides 11/08/2014)
- 2015-11-27 - Plenary Assembly of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples: missionary awareness and young Churches 50 years after the Ad Gentes Decree
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India