AMERICA/EQUADOR - 46,000 Ecuadoreans will benefit from a mega construction water
Quito (Agenzia Fides) - After the damage caused during the winter months, the Ministry of Water Resources wants to help with the aid of a dam project to control the water level of the river Bulubulu. More than 46,000 inhabitants of the provinces of Guayas and Cañar will benefit from this project. The project also includes the construction of a containment basin Las Maravillas, where the water of the river Bulubulu will be collected during the winter months. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 11/08/2014)
- 2015-10-05 - Improving access to education for children
- 2015-09-29 - "Supportive and welcoming border": Ecuador and Peru against trafficking and exploitation
- 2015-08-01 - Papal altar to serve as parish church
- 2015-07-08 - "We also want to be missionaries" says the indigenous representative to the Pope
- 2015-07-07 - The Pope's visit "will mark a before and after with regards to the situation in the country"
- 2015-07-06 - 10 000 from Santo Domingo to Quito for the Pope's Mass
- 2015-06-26 - Still demonstrations against President Correa
- 2015-06-17 - Bishops: dialogue is the only path to find solutions, violence is always destructive
- 2015-04-17 - Floods favor the spread of the chikungunya virus
- 2015-01-29 - The country remembers "the Bishop of the Indios"