AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The V National Missionary Congress begins
Barinas (Agenzia Fides) - There are thousands of young Venezuelans who will, as from today, participate in the V National Missionary Youth Congress (CONAJUMI) at the Diocese of Barinas (Venezuela). The Pontifical Mission Societies in Venezuela, through the Commission for Missionary Animation for "JOVENMISION", will guide this moment, which takes place from August 6 to 10. The event is attended by young people from various cities around the Country, including the movements involved in the Youth Pastoral in Venezuela.
The note sent to Fides by the PMS in Venezuela, reports that the slogan of the meeting is "Young missionary, encourage our Church to come out". The Congress intends to "Review and celebrate in the light of the 4th American Missionary Congress (CAM4-COMLA9 ) held in Maracaibo (Venezuela), from 26 to 30 November, 2013 (see Fides 11/28/2013), the distance covered by JOVENMISIÓN in 30 years of service to the young in the missionary Church of Venezuela". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/08/2014)
- 2015-05-19 - Casa-Hogar "Padre Machado" in El Valle occupied with violence for a few hours
- 2015-03-03 - Classes suspended in the University of Tachira, false accusations made against the Catholic University
- 2015-02-27 - The Bishops: "Stop murderous violence!"
- 2015-02-25 - More violence and protests: 6 dead in six days of demonstrations
- 2015-02-24 - Growing tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa denounces murder of 3 students
- 2015-02-20 - Police arrest Mayor of Caracas, for Archbishop Lückert “proof of dictatorship ”
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm