AMERICA/PANAMA - First Congress on the Family "source of social wealth"
Panama City (Agenzia Fides) - There are about 350 pastoral workers in Latin America and the Caribbean enrolled in the First Latin American Congress of agents of family pastoral that will take place from August 4 to 9 in Panama City. The slogan of the event is "My family and I serve the Lord".
According to a note sent to Fides, the conference, organized by the Latin American Episcopal Council (CELAM) and the Archdiocese of Panama, intends to reflect on the family as a source of social wealth and how to promote its mission.
One of the participants, Mgr. Mariano Parra, bishop of the diocese of Ciudad Guayana (Venezuela), has highlighted the presence of 20 bishops, led by Msg. Vincenzo Paglia, president of the Pontifical Council for the Family, and Mgr. Santiago Silva Retamales, Secretary General of CELAM.
With this event the Latin American community aims to prepare its participation in the Synod convened in October by Pope Francis on the Family Pastoral. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/08/2014)
- 2015-10-01 - Mgr. Aguilar: "The government must stop gambling because it impoverishes families"
- 2015-09-07 - Mgr. Ulloa encourages inmates: "Imprisonment is not the same as exclusion"
- 2015-07-07 - Plenary Assembly of Bishops: defense of marriage, family and creation, reconciliation, justice and corruption
- 2015-06-30 - Cardinal Lacunza: "despite scandals and corruption, we have to believe in justice"
- 2015-03-24 - Summit of the Americas: the Vatican Secretary of State will be present, for the first time
- 2015-02-23 - “We must work for the poor”: Cardinal Lacunza says on the feast of Cristo de Atalaya
- 2014-12-19 - Even Cuba will attend the Summit of the Americas: a dream come true
- 2014-12-16 - Last round of by-elections, the local Church sends observers to polling stations
- 2014-08-04 - First Congress on the Family "source of social wealth"
- 2014-07-12 - Insecurity and lack of protection of resources among the serious problems of the Country according to the Bishops