AMERICA/PERU - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "The challenges faced by our authorities and all Peruvians will overcome only with the mutual recognition among all citizens, far from any form of discrimination; in respect of our healthy traditions and with the sincere commitment for every Peruvian to tend to honesty, transparency, justice and peace". So reads the message issued by the Bishops of Peru sent to Fides Agency on the occasion of the celebration of the national holiday.
"Today", the document reads, "the Peruvians continue to pursue a new battle against selfishness, hedonism and relativism that undermine our identity as Peruvians, destroy the natural and biblical image of the family, the basic cell of society; threaten marriage as a sacrament between a man and a woman, and put at risk the lives of Peruvians who are defenseless. Our heroes - the Peruvian Bishops continue - were not great for an isolated moment of heroism, but were heroes in everyday life, in responding faithfully to his own conscience, defending the inalienable human values".
Peru celebrates 193 years of life as an independent country. All activities in the Country stop on 28 and 29 July, and the Catholic community, as reported by the text released by the Bishops, recall that currently "Peru is experiencing a special moment in its history. (...). The rich natural resources, the beauty of geography and especially the quality of their children represent the greatest potential which, if properly guided, will allow us to joyfully see the desire to overcome poverty, and walk the paths blessed by peace". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/07/2014)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking