ASIA/IRAQ - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
Mosul (Agenzia Fides) - The last Christians who have left Mosul after the jihadist ultimatum by the self-proclaimed Islamic Caliphate are almost three thousand. A very high number, Mosul is now empty of Christians.
This is confirmed by Marzio Babille, Unicef responsible for Iraq . "Most of them - refers Babille – are moving towards the towns of Tilkif, Batnaya and Alqosh. Forty families have moved to the east, towards Qaraqosh, and thirty have been accepted in the province of Dohuk. Twenty families have reached Erbil, the capital of the autonomous region of Iraqi Kurdistan, where a small reception center in collaboration with the Chaldean archdiocese was set up". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 22/07/2014)
- 2015-08-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to Iraqi political leaders: integrate the voluntary militias in the army
- 2015-08-24 - A committee against abuse and violence against Christians has been set up
- 2015-08-08 - "We are hated because we persist in wanting to exist as Christians", testimony of Mgr. Warda
- 2015-08-06 - A year ago ISIS expelled Christians from the Nineveh plain
- 2015-07-23 - Also in Kirkuk expropriation of Christian homes
- 2015-07-22 - The government orders the transfer of the military of the Nineveh Plain to Baghdad; Christian politicians protest
- 2015-07-14 - The Chaldean Church of St. Joseph in Mosul transformed into a mosque
- 2015-07-10 - In Baghdad, Christians kidnapped and killed despite the payment of ransom
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"