ASIA/IRAQ - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
Mosul (Agenzia Fides) - The last Christians who have left Mosul after the jihadist ultimatum by the self-proclaimed Islamic Caliphate are almost three thousand. A very high number, Mosul is now empty of Christians.
This is confirmed by Marzio Babille, Unicef responsible for Iraq . "Most of them - refers Babille – are moving towards the towns of Tilkif, Batnaya and Alqosh. Forty families have moved to the east, towards Qaraqosh, and thirty have been accepted in the province of Dohuk. Twenty families have reached Erbil, the capital of the autonomous region of Iraqi Kurdistan, where a small reception center in collaboration with the Chaldean archdiocese was set up". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 22/07/2014)
- 2015-10-10 - Christians in Erbil protest against corruption, "our neighborhoods are being filled with infamous clubs"
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected
- 2015-10-01 - The Synod of the Chaldean Church convened in Rome at the end of October
- 2015-09-28 - The New Assyrian Patriarch during the inauguration ceremony: religious language must be put at the service of peace
- 2015-09-21 - New Assyrian Patriarch elected. And the patriarchal seat could return to Iraq
- 2015-09-14 - Nineveh Plain, Christians in Alqosh in procession for the feast of the Holy Cross
- 2015-09-10 - Inauguaration of the Diocesan Museum in Bassora
- 2015-08-31 - Chaldean Patriarchate delivers a dossier on the abuses suffered by Christians in Baghdad to the authorities
- 2015-08-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to Iraqi political leaders: integrate the voluntary militias in the army