AFRICA/KENYA - The First Lady praised the Church's role in improving the lives of millions of Kenyans
Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) - The First Lady of Kenya, Ms. Margaret Kenyatta, praised the role of the Catholic Church in improving the lives of millions of people across the Country. "Our presence at this meeting indicates the affinity we have and will continue to build with the Church and other religious bodies", said the First Lady during a meeting she attended to raise funds in the parish of Blessed Joseph Allamano in Ruaka, a town 15 km from Nairobi.
According to what was reported by CISA Agency, Ms. Kenyatta thanked the parish for what it is doing in the field of health, environmental preservation and Youth education".
The First Lady also pointed out that the efforts of human development of the Church are a useful complement to the agenda of the government to change the Country through the implementation of projects in the field of education, health, environment and the growth of young people.
In Kenya, the Catholic Church runs 4,169 kindergartens with 335 285 children; 4,769 primary schools with 2,393,658 pupils: 1618 middle and high schools with 737 508 students; plus the Catholic Higher Institute of Eastern Africa. The Church also runs 184 hospitals; 390 dispensaries; 22 leper colonies; 86 care centers for the elderly or chronically ill; 401 orphanages; 1,334 kindergartens (data of the Statistical Yearbook of the Church 2012). (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 18/07/2014)
- 2014-11-24 - Security measures have been intensified in front of churches after the massacre of the bus
- 2014-11-19 - AFRICA/KENYA – Joint tests of Church and State on the tetanus vaccine considered a means of birth control
- 2014-11-11 - The government presents a commission of inquiry on the tetanus vaccination after the protests of the Church
- 2014-11-07 - Bishops reaffirm: "tetanus vaccination is a program of population control in disguise"
- 2014-11-04 - The comfort of the Church for the victims of the attack in the area of Lake Turkana
- 2014-10-17 - The Bishops: "What does the tetanus campaign hide?"
- 2014-09-05 - “Enough violence in northern Kenya!” cry Catholic Bishops
- 2014-09-05 - AFRICA/KENYA – New Rector for St. Matthias Mulumba Major seminary in the diocese of Eldoret
- 2014-09-05 - diocesan Major Seminary in the diocese of Nakuru, appointed.
- 2014-09-04 - AFRICA/KENYA – Rector for St. Thomas Aquinas major seminary in Nairobi appointed