ASIA/IRAQ - The last Christian families leave Mosul
Mosul (Agenzia Fides) - The last Christian families still present in Mosul are leaving the city and are heading towards Erbil, Dohuk and other areas of Iraqi Kurdistan which are considered safer. This is confirmed by sources of the local Chaldean community to Fides Agency. The new exodus has accelerated in the past two days, after Sunni insurgents and militants of the Islamic Caliphate began to mark with letters of recognition the homes of Christians and Shiites. As reported by the website www.Ankawa.com, the evacuation of the last Christians is also due to the intensification of the bombing carried out by the military government on many areas of the city, especially at night. In many villages of the Nineveh Plain, the main emergency is currently represented by the suspension of water supply, made even more unbearable due to high temperatures. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 18/07/2014)
- 2015-07-23 - Also in Kirkuk expropriation of Christian homes
- 2015-07-22 - The government orders the transfer of the military of the Nineveh Plain to Baghdad; Christian politicians protest
- 2015-07-14 - The Chaldean Church of St. Joseph in Mosul transformed into a mosque
- 2015-07-10 - In Baghdad, Christians kidnapped and killed despite the payment of ransom
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"
- 2015-06-18 - Chaldean Patriarch sends a message to Muslims for the start of Ramadan
- 2015-06-13 - Thousands of Christian homes taken by deception
- 2015-06-10 - Chaldean Patriarch: a year after the fall of Mosul, only national reconciliation can save the country
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"