AMERICA/MEXICO - Formation and spirituality for a missionary Church, engaged in society
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - Formation and spirituality are the basis of the missionary commitment and the presence of Christians in the world: is what emerges from the XXXVII Course of "Cardinal Rossi" Latin American Missionary Animation and Spirituality (CLAEM 2014) which takes place from 29 June to 26 July at the offices of the Pontifical Mission Society of Mexico. The course has the slogan "Missionary disciples, followers of Jesus Christ for the salvation of the whole world".
CLAEM 2014 reflects on the missionary spirituality and seeks in particular to deepen it an "agent of mission" point of view, in order to provide appropriate tools to missionaries, religious and laity, according to the current needs of the Church and society. 84 participants from different countries, such as El Salvador, Honduras, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Mexico have enrolled. The program presents expert speakers in the missionary spirituality. The course has the approval of the Pontifical Urbananiana University in Rome and at the end of the third level, a diploma will be given to those who have attended. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/07/2014)
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
- 2014-07-03 - Formation and spirituality for a missionary Church, engaged in society
- 2014-07-02 - Immigrant children: now even more controls on the southern border of Mexico