AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
Mar de Plata (Agenzia Fides) - Today, 27th June, the XXXI Argentine Social Week begins in the diocese of Mar de Plata. This important event will see the presence of many authorities nationwide. During the presentation of the meeting, according to information sent to Fides Agency, the Bishop of Mar de Plata, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio Marino, expressed his satisfaction with the fact that Social Week, which began in 1984, continues to be celebrated in this city. "In this meeting one reflects on the social issue according to our Christian vision, trying to promote, as Pope Francis called it, the culture of meeting", said the Bishop.
Mgr. Marino noted that, in the context of the Bicentennial, "the Church wants to give its contribution and analyze our reality". The Bishop of Mar de Plata has also highlighted the three main themes of this meeting: "The first is the Pope’s pastoral view on the social question, the second regards the challenges we must pay attention to in order to act in this context, and the third is the specific contribution of the Church to social peace". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/06/2014)
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites
- 2014-05-28 - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
- 2014-05-26 - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
- 2014-05-14 - "The country is sick of violence": proposal of Bishops to respond to this reality
- 2014-05-05 - Episcopal Assembly begins: "It is impossible to get used to drugs and violence"
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"