AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
Mar de Plata (Agenzia Fides) - Today, 27th June, the XXXI Argentine Social Week begins in the diocese of Mar de Plata. This important event will see the presence of many authorities nationwide. During the presentation of the meeting, according to information sent to Fides Agency, the Bishop of Mar de Plata, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio Marino, expressed his satisfaction with the fact that Social Week, which began in 1984, continues to be celebrated in this city. "In this meeting one reflects on the social issue according to our Christian vision, trying to promote, as Pope Francis called it, the culture of meeting", said the Bishop.
Mgr. Marino noted that, in the context of the Bicentennial, "the Church wants to give its contribution and analyze our reality". The Bishop of Mar de Plata has also highlighted the three main themes of this meeting: "The first is the Pope’s pastoral view on the social question, the second regards the challenges we must pay attention to in order to act in this context, and the third is the specific contribution of the Church to social peace". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/06/2014)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – SOCIAL WEEK BEGINS, TO PROMOTE "THE CULTURE OF MEETING"
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship
- 2015-07-22 - "Bring Christ to families": hundreds of young people on a mission to Goya
- 2015-07-21 - "Mission, a way of life": towards the fourth National Meeting of Missionary Groups
- 2015-07-15 - Nearly 30 percent of Argentines live in a situation of poverty
- 2015-07-10 - The Archbishop of Tucuman denounces: laws that violate the rights and freedom of conscience, attacks against the Church, a climate of fear
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"
- 2015-06-18 - The first Congress on intercultural and interreligious dialogue
- 2015-06-12 - "We are concerned about the new poor", said Mgr. Ojea, head of Caritas
- 2015-06-11 - "In this America's Cup, and always, say no to trafficking": campaign against human trafficking