AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
Mar de Plata (Agenzia Fides) - Today, 27th June, the XXXI Argentine Social Week begins in the diocese of Mar de Plata. This important event will see the presence of many authorities nationwide. During the presentation of the meeting, according to information sent to Fides Agency, the Bishop of Mar de Plata, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio Marino, expressed his satisfaction with the fact that Social Week, which began in 1984, continues to be celebrated in this city. "In this meeting one reflects on the social issue according to our Christian vision, trying to promote, as Pope Francis called it, the culture of meeting", said the Bishop.
Mgr. Marino noted that, in the context of the Bicentennial, "the Church wants to give its contribution and analyze our reality". The Bishop of Mar de Plata has also highlighted the three main themes of this meeting: "The first is the Pope’s pastoral view on the social question, the second regards the challenges we must pay attention to in order to act in this context, and the third is the specific contribution of the Church to social peace". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/06/2014)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – SOCIAL WEEK BEGINS, TO PROMOTE "THE CULTURE OF MEETING"
- 2015-05-20 - Half a million families with serious addictions to alcohol and drugs
- 2015-05-18 - First Report on the scourge of drugs prepared by UCA
- 2015-05-08 - Missionary dimension and social problems: meeting of the clergy of Patagonia
- 2015-05-02 - First parish dedicated to Juan Diego
- 2015-04-08 - "Can one sing the Alleluia in the world we live in?"
- 2015-03-11 - 400 years of evangelization in Posadas: "we share the joy of evangelizing"
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country