AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
Mar de Plata (Agenzia Fides) - Today, 27th June, the XXXI Argentine Social Week begins in the diocese of Mar de Plata. This important event will see the presence of many authorities nationwide. During the presentation of the meeting, according to information sent to Fides Agency, the Bishop of Mar de Plata, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio Marino, expressed his satisfaction with the fact that Social Week, which began in 1984, continues to be celebrated in this city. "In this meeting one reflects on the social issue according to our Christian vision, trying to promote, as Pope Francis called it, the culture of meeting", said the Bishop.
Mgr. Marino noted that, in the context of the Bicentennial, "the Church wants to give its contribution and analyze our reality". The Bishop of Mar de Plata has also highlighted the three main themes of this meeting: "The first is the Pope’s pastoral view on the social question, the second regards the challenges we must pay attention to in order to act in this context, and the third is the specific contribution of the Church to social peace". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/06/2014)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – SOCIAL WEEK BEGINS, TO PROMOTE "THE CULTURE OF MEETING"
- 2015-10-06 - Mgr. Gimeno in view of the elections: "We must learn to choose before voting"
- 2015-09-24 - Over 40% of the poor in the capital is under 14 years of age
- 2015-09-23 - Argentinean missionary animators of "mission houses" in Cuba, a testimony
- 2015-09-15 - One death due to malnutrition every 10 hours, 2 out of 10 children do not have adequate food
- 2015-09-14 - The Bishops: malnutrition and poverty in the country, a "terrible reality"
- 2015-09-10 - "Cura Gaucho" on the path towards canonization, the people of Villa Cura Brochero celebrate
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces