AFRICA/TANZANIA – A Tanzanian religious woman killed during a street robbery
Dar es Salaam (Agenzia Fides) - Sister Clecensia Kapuli, a 50-year-old Tanzanian nun of the Congregation of the Diocese of Mbeya "Our Lady Queen of Apostols, was killed on June 23 during a street robbery in Dar es Salaam, the Country's economic capital. "Sister Clecensia had just left the bank with an amount of money needed to pay the workers who are renovating the secondary school run by her congregation, of which she was the treasurer", local Church sources told Fides.
"The car in which the religious woman, another sister and the driver were travelling was stopped near a crowded bus station by four armed men. It is not sure what happened. The fact is that the criminals shot and killed the nun and injured the driver. The other sister was able to escape", the sources told Fides.
"The criminals escaped with a sum of money. Police have also launched investigations to see if the robbers had accomplices who informed them on the nun’s movements", concludes our source. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 25/06/2014)
AFRICA/TANZANIA – A TANZANIAN RELIGIOUS WOMAN KILLED DURING A STREET ROBBERY
- 2014-10-17 - Activities and programs for children and adolescents infected with HIV
- 2014-08-06 - Some Tanzanian citizens arrested in connection with the assaults in Lamu, causing 100 deaths
- 2014-07-12 - The Bishops to the constituents: "You have a moral duty to give the Country a new constitution"
- 2014-06-25 - AFRICA/TANZANIA – A Tanzanian religious woman killed during a street robbery
- 2014-04-09 - "Violence against Christians derives from religious extremism but also from economic tensions", say the Bishops
- 2014-02-28 - AFRICA/TANZANIA – Zanzibar police says “no religious motives behind bomb blasts”
- 2014-02-12 - Test HIV/AIDS and free antiretroviral in the Diocese of Shinyanga
- 2013-09-18 - The conditions of the priest attacked with acid remain serious. "Why is the Church attacked?" asks the Bishop
- 2013-09-16 - The priest attacked with acid in Zanzibar transferred to Dar es Salaam
- 2013-09-03 - The Country commits itself to prohibiting child labor in gold mines