VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
Otélé (Agenzia Fides) - After spending two days in Equatorial Guinea, Cardinal Fernando Filoni returned to Cameroon, where on June 1st, he concluded his visit meeting seminarians and formators of the pastoral and preparatory philosophical Seminary dedicated to Mary Queen of apostles, in Otélé. After presiding the solemn vespers in the Chapel of the Seminary, the Cardinal met a hundred seminarians and their formators. The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples addressed his speech "to all the young seminarians in Cameroon", urging them to "follow Jesus’ school", who has called them to acquire the virtues that will help them live the priestly ministry as their place of sanctification, because "without the logic of holiness, the ministry would simply be a social function".
Cardinal Filoni recommend the seminarians to "enter in a friendly relationship with Christ, a fundamental element of every vocation to priesthood and consecrated life" and to work for "harmonious integration" of the human, spiritual and intellectual dimension. Finally, he drew attention to three fundamental aspects to the path to priesthood: affective maturity, detachment from material goods and the spirit of fellowship. "Dear friends, formators and seminarians – concluded the Cardinal - , strictly follow, each in his role, the path of formation, taking into account the fascinating adventure to which the Lord calls you, that is to say, to become and remain the pastors of the communities of faithful in the image of He who has called you". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 02/06/2014)
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel
- 2015-09-14 - Cardinal Filoni concludes his visit to Bangladesh where he meets families and seminarians
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni meets Bishops, priests, religious and laity of Bangladesh: "We are all in a permanent state of mission"
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of Bangladesh: "try to sow unity in the dioceses"
- 2015-09-11 - Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh for the XXV Anniversary of the diocese of Rajshahi: "there is much work to do"
- 2015-09-07 - Pastoral visit of Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide