VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
Otélé (Agenzia Fides) - After spending two days in Equatorial Guinea, Cardinal Fernando Filoni returned to Cameroon, where on June 1st, he concluded his visit meeting seminarians and formators of the pastoral and preparatory philosophical Seminary dedicated to Mary Queen of apostles, in Otélé. After presiding the solemn vespers in the Chapel of the Seminary, the Cardinal met a hundred seminarians and their formators. The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples addressed his speech "to all the young seminarians in Cameroon", urging them to "follow Jesus’ school", who has called them to acquire the virtues that will help them live the priestly ministry as their place of sanctification, because "without the logic of holiness, the ministry would simply be a social function".
Cardinal Filoni recommend the seminarians to "enter in a friendly relationship with Christ, a fundamental element of every vocation to priesthood and consecrated life" and to work for "harmonious integration" of the human, spiritual and intellectual dimension. Finally, he drew attention to three fundamental aspects to the path to priesthood: affective maturity, detachment from material goods and the spirit of fellowship. "Dear friends, formators and seminarians – concluded the Cardinal - , strictly follow, each in his role, the path of formation, taking into account the fascinating adventure to which the Lord calls you, that is to say, to become and remain the pastors of the communities of faithful in the image of He who has called you". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 02/06/2014)
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"
- 2015-01-19 - Cardinal Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation, on a pastoral visit in Vietnam