VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
Otélé (Agenzia Fides) - After spending two days in Equatorial Guinea, Cardinal Fernando Filoni returned to Cameroon, where on June 1st, he concluded his visit meeting seminarians and formators of the pastoral and preparatory philosophical Seminary dedicated to Mary Queen of apostles, in Otélé. After presiding the solemn vespers in the Chapel of the Seminary, the Cardinal met a hundred seminarians and their formators. The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples addressed his speech "to all the young seminarians in Cameroon", urging them to "follow Jesus’ school", who has called them to acquire the virtues that will help them live the priestly ministry as their place of sanctification, because "without the logic of holiness, the ministry would simply be a social function".
Cardinal Filoni recommend the seminarians to "enter in a friendly relationship with Christ, a fundamental element of every vocation to priesthood and consecrated life" and to work for "harmonious integration" of the human, spiritual and intellectual dimension. Finally, he drew attention to three fundamental aspects to the path to priesthood: affective maturity, detachment from material goods and the spirit of fellowship. "Dear friends, formators and seminarians – concluded the Cardinal - , strictly follow, each in his role, the path of formation, taking into account the fascinating adventure to which the Lord calls you, that is to say, to become and remain the pastors of the communities of faithful in the image of He who has called you". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 02/06/2014)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel