AMERICA/BRAZIL - The First American Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence thenestnjdneatndjenjndjetnjdneatn
Aparecida (Agenzia Fides) - Today, May 23, the First Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (IAM), begins and will end on Sunday 25th. The congress will be held at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, São Paulo (Brazil). According to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil, the meeting will see the participation of 654 members of IAM from 17 countries, of which 523 from Brazil. The Congress is organized by the PMS in Brazil in collaboration with the Pontifical Mission Societies in the Americas (see Fides 15/05/2014) under the theme: "IAM of America at the service of the Mission" and the slogan: "You are my friends" (Jn 15:14).
The Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood, Ms. J. Baptistine Ralamboarison will be among the guests.
The meeting aims to bring together leaders and secretaries of IAM of the continent for the conclusion of the celebrations for the 170th anniversary of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence. Currently IAM Brazil has about 30,000 groups, which involves at least 260,000 children and adolescents. Its headquarters is in Brasilia, and can rely on 26 state-level coordinators plus one in the Federal District. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2014)
- 2015-11-25 - National school feeding program to improve the living conditions of children and farmers
- 2015-11-23 - The presence of foreign missionaries enriches the Church in Brazil
- 2015-11-13 - Two more religious missionary nuns sent to Haiti: they will help children, youth and families
- 2015-10-30 - Bishops' message: Crisis in the country worsens, dialogue and democracy are needed
- 2015-10-20 - "Scalabrinian Mission": opening of a new reception center for refugees in Sao Paulo
- 2015-10-14 - "The wealth of Brazil should be better distributed" asks Mgr. Nicioli
- 2015-10-10 - The Church: it is urgent to save abandoned children and adolescents who have disappeared
- 2015-09-16 - "How many people have to die before they have justice?", since 1983 at least 50 indigenous leaders have been killed
- 2015-09-15 - Preparation for World Mission Sunday 2015 begins
- 2015-09-14 - Early Marriages: still half a million young newlyweds between 15 to 17 years of age