AMERICA/BRAZIL - The First American Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence thenestnjdneatndjenjndjetnjdneatn
Aparecida (Agenzia Fides) - Today, May 23, the First Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (IAM), begins and will end on Sunday 25th. The congress will be held at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, São Paulo (Brazil). According to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil, the meeting will see the participation of 654 members of IAM from 17 countries, of which 523 from Brazil. The Congress is organized by the PMS in Brazil in collaboration with the Pontifical Mission Societies in the Americas (see Fides 15/05/2014) under the theme: "IAM of America at the service of the Mission" and the slogan: "You are my friends" (Jn 15:14).
The Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood, Ms. J. Baptistine Ralamboarison will be among the guests.
The meeting aims to bring together leaders and secretaries of IAM of the continent for the conclusion of the celebrations for the 170th anniversary of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence. Currently IAM Brazil has about 30,000 groups, which involves at least 260,000 children and adolescents. Its headquarters is in Brasilia, and can rely on 26 state-level coordinators plus one in the Federal District. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2014)
- 2015-07-01 - The indifference of the state in the face of a situation of injustice denounced by the Bishop of Dourados
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI