AMERICA/BRAZIL - The First American Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence thenestnjdneatndjenjndjetnjdneatn
Aparecida (Agenzia Fides) - Today, May 23, the First Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (IAM), begins and will end on Sunday 25th. The congress will be held at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, São Paulo (Brazil). According to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil, the meeting will see the participation of 654 members of IAM from 17 countries, of which 523 from Brazil. The Congress is organized by the PMS in Brazil in collaboration with the Pontifical Mission Societies in the Americas (see Fides 15/05/2014) under the theme: "IAM of America at the service of the Mission" and the slogan: "You are my friends" (Jn 15:14).
The Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood, Ms. J. Baptistine Ralamboarison will be among the guests.
The meeting aims to bring together leaders and secretaries of IAM of the continent for the conclusion of the celebrations for the 170th anniversary of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence. Currently IAM Brazil has about 30,000 groups, which involves at least 260,000 children and adolescents. Its headquarters is in Brasilia, and can rely on 26 state-level coordinators plus one in the Federal District. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2014)
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016
- 2014-06-24 - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
- 2014-06-23 - The tragedy of child prostitution behind the glitz of the World Cup
- 2014-06-17 - Social inclusion and missionary work, the commitment of the Church in Brazil for Haiti continues
- 2014-06-12 - The World Cup begins with a "Red Card to Child Labour"
- 2014-06-11 - "The only goal that matters is the demarcation of our lands", say the indigenous