AMERICA/BRAZIL - The First American Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence thenestnjdneatndjenjndjetnjdneatn
Aparecida (Agenzia Fides) - Today, May 23, the First Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (IAM), begins and will end on Sunday 25th. The congress will be held at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, São Paulo (Brazil). According to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil, the meeting will see the participation of 654 members of IAM from 17 countries, of which 523 from Brazil. The Congress is organized by the PMS in Brazil in collaboration with the Pontifical Mission Societies in the Americas (see Fides 15/05/2014) under the theme: "IAM of America at the service of the Mission" and the slogan: "You are my friends" (Jn 15:14).
The Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood, Ms. J. Baptistine Ralamboarison will be among the guests.
The meeting aims to bring together leaders and secretaries of IAM of the continent for the conclusion of the celebrations for the 170th anniversary of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence. Currently IAM Brazil has about 30,000 groups, which involves at least 260,000 children and adolescents. Its headquarters is in Brasilia, and can rely on 26 state-level coordinators plus one in the Federal District. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2014)
- 2015-01-28 - Missionaries study "concentration and manipulation of the media"
- 2015-01-12 - Recalling the earthquake in Haiti with the testimony of Zilda Arns
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform
- 2014-10-27 - Beatification of the co-founder of the Scalabrinians: "May the whole Church be missionary of truth, mother Assunta did it"
- 2014-10-27 - Dilma Rousseff re-elected President with a narrow margin: she will have to face recession, corruption and discontent
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality