AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – Missionary children evangelize their peers with the first Bible in Oromo language
Kofale (Agenzia Fides) - The first "little missionaries" left from Kofale, Arsi region of Ethiopia, ready to evangelize their peers in Gode. With their notebooks, in which were represented the most salient scenes of the first Bible for children in Oromo language, these young missionaries attended the Mass celebrated by Father Bernard Coccia, a Capuchin missionary pastor of Kofale who, assisted by the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of Christ present in the same community, helped the little missionaries take their first steps with the Gospel in their hands to deliver it to their peers in Gode, some of whom are still illiterate.
"An opportunity to teach the young ones how to read through coloring and animated cartoons, an experience in which the children from Kofale felt protagonists in proclaiming the Word of the Lord", said to Fides Agency Sister Offale, direct responsible for all the animation. "Our children from Kofale have been committed for over a year to prepare for this 'missionary mandate', they worked with me and father Bernardo for the success of the event. This land is predominantly Muslim, and especially in these poor villages everything is really complicated, from education to food and daily survival, but there is a lot of solidarity. And this event was just a proof, through which a small group of 'apostles' showed the presence of the Lord and boundless faith in His love", concluded the nun. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 19/05/2014)
AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – MISSIONARY CHILDREN EVANGELIZE THEIR PEERS WITH THE FIRST BIBLE IN OROMO LANGUAGE
- 2015-03-11 - A primary school for children in Hosanna
- 2015-02-24 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – First step for a representative of the Catholic Church at the African Union
- 2015-01-09 - Cardinal-designate Souraphiel: "I will work for the Church so that it obtains the observer status in the African Union"
- 2014-12-11 - "I saw the urgency of the first evangelization with my own eyes" says a Fidei Donum priest
- 2014-12-02 - A more functional school for 4000 children in one of the poorest regions of the Country
- 2014-08-11 - Blessing of the nutritional and educational center in the Somali region of the Country
- 2014-07-05 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – Healthcare and mobile school services for nomad pastoralists
- 2014-06-27 - Poverty and hunger, the consequences of an unjust economic system
- 2014-05-27 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – More support and availability for 15 million children, adults and elders with disabilities
- 2014-05-22 - Project for defeating forms of avoidable blindness affecting millions of Ethiopians