AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – Missionary children evangelize their peers with the first Bible in Oromo language
Kofale (Agenzia Fides) - The first "little missionaries" left from Kofale, Arsi region of Ethiopia, ready to evangelize their peers in Gode. With their notebooks, in which were represented the most salient scenes of the first Bible for children in Oromo language, these young missionaries attended the Mass celebrated by Father Bernard Coccia, a Capuchin missionary pastor of Kofale who, assisted by the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of Christ present in the same community, helped the little missionaries take their first steps with the Gospel in their hands to deliver it to their peers in Gode, some of whom are still illiterate.
"An opportunity to teach the young ones how to read through coloring and animated cartoons, an experience in which the children from Kofale felt protagonists in proclaiming the Word of the Lord", said to Fides Agency Sister Offale, direct responsible for all the animation. "Our children from Kofale have been committed for over a year to prepare for this 'missionary mandate', they worked with me and father Bernardo for the success of the event. This land is predominantly Muslim, and especially in these poor villages everything is really complicated, from education to food and daily survival, but there is a lot of solidarity. And this event was just a proof, through which a small group of 'apostles' showed the presence of the Lord and boundless faith in His love", concluded the nun. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 19/05/2014)
AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – MISSIONARY CHILDREN EVANGELIZE THEIR PEERS WITH THE FIRST BIBLE IN OROMO LANGUAGE
- 2015-10-30 - Project for women and vulnerable children in the Somali region
- 2015-10-19 - The Bishop Emeritus who chose the mission: "A simple missionary, without any other titles"
- 2015-09-24 - The Episcopal Conferences of Africa obtain observer status at the African Union
- 2015-09-21 - The story of a missionary: "Making Jesus present among poor people who struggle to get by"
- 2015-08-24 - Caritas builds four schools for 4,800 South Sudanese refugees
- 2015-07-31 - “Print your Future” : Graphic Art for very vulnerable young people
- 2015-04-24 - The Bishops: "We plead to the human traffickers who are tricking the youth to leave their country through illegal means to stop their acts"
- 2015-04-14 - Easter resurrection and the birth of twins in one of the most forgotten areas in the world
- 2015-03-11 - A primary school for children in Hosanna
- 2015-02-24 - AFRICA/ETHIOPIA – First step for a representative of the Catholic Church at the African Union