AFRICA/EGYPT - Sectarian clashes in Assiut. Two Christians killed
Assiut (Agenzia Fides) - Two Egyptian Coptic Christians were killed on Tuesday, April 29th due to sectarian clashes which broke out in villages in the area of the city of Assiut, Upper Egypt, due to the contrasts between a Coptic Orthodox family and a Sunni family clan with regards to the ownership of land. This was confirmed to Fides Agency by Anba Kyrillos William, Coptic Catholic Bishop of Assiut. The funeral of the two Coptic Christians, celebrated in St. George Church in the city of Manfalut (25 km from Assiut ) saw the participation of the local Coptic community. "On the same day" refers Anba Kyrillos "the young Coptic entrepreneur, Mohsen Morris was kidnapped in Quseya, 50 km north of Assiut. The kidnappers took him aboard his new car, which he had just bought, and forced the family to pay a ransom of 250 thousand Egyptian pounds (25 thousand euro, ed)". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 30/04/2014)
- 2015-07-02 - The Coptic Church after the jihadist attacks in Sinai: we are on the side of the military fighting "evil forces"
- 2015-06-30 - Condolences of the Council of Christian Churches for the assassination of Attorney General
- 2015-06-26 - Christians organize the "banquet of unity" for Muslims on the occasion of Ramadan
- 2015-06-25 - Coptic Patriarch Tawadros: the so-called "Gospel of Barnabas" is a fake
- 2015-06-24 - The campaign to "clean up" the bookshops and libraries of mosques of extremist propaganda continues
- 2015-06-22 - Coptic Orthodox Patriarch Tawadros receives a delegation of Chinese People
- 2015-06-15 - The Egyptian Ambassador to the Holy See: Al Sisi has invited Pope Francis to Egypt
- 2015-05-28 - AFRICA/EGYPT – Coptic boys released, falsely accused of an "insulting" video towards Islam
- 2015-05-26 - The Council of Christian Churches celebrate the second anniversary of its founding
- 2015-05-22 - Patriarch Tawadros speaks at the conference on the "Coptic Diaspora"