ASIA/PAKISTAN - An exhibition on John Paul II, example of dialogue appreciated by Muslims
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - A Mass of thanksgiving for the canonization of St. John Paul II and St. John XXIII; an exhibition dedicated to Pope Wojtyla: two events organized by the Catholic community in Pakistan was also attended by members of other religions, many Muslims and civil authorities who paid tribute to the two new saints. As reported to Fides, the Mass was celebrated yesterday, April 27, at St. Joseph Church in Lahore by Archbishop Sebastian Francis Shaw, OFM. The massive assembly was made up of priests, religious, nuns and Christian faithful, but also by many Muslims who expressed appreciation for two figures who gave a valuable contribution to interreligious dialogue.
After Mass, the Archbishop inaugurated a photographic exhibition dedicated to St. John Paul II, organized and set up by the "Council for Interreligious Dialogue in Pakistan", led by the Capuchin friar Fr. Francis Nadeem. The exhibition, titled "Saint John Paul II and Pakistan", highlights views and historical moments of Pope John Paul II’s visit in Pakistan, on February 16, 1981. The exhibition includes over 100 photos of the pilgrimage, including pictures of the celebration of the Eucharist at the stadium in Karachi with the participation of over 80 thousand faithful. There are also photos with bishops, priests and faithful in Pakistan, pictures of the Pope with representatives of the Government of Pakistan. The exhibition is visited by civil and religious leaders and Muslims who claim to "respect and value the figure of Pope John Paul II" (PA) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2015-03-26 - The Jinnah Institute: "Continuous and constant violence against religious minorities"
- 2015-03-26 - Guaranteed education to Shama and Shehzad’s children, Christian couple burned alive
- 2015-03-25 - Two Christians accused of the lynching of two suspected terrorists
- 2015-03-25 - Shots fired against agents in front of St. Peter’s church in Lahore
- 2015-03-24 - The General Vicar of Lahore: "Release the innocent among the Christians arrested"
- 2015-03-23 - The case of the young Christian tortured and killed by the police goes unpunished
- 2015-03-20 - The pastor of Youhanabad: "Critical situation, let us pray with the Via Crucis"
- 2015-03-17 - The Archbishop of Lahore at the funeral of the victims of Youhanabad: "Be men of peace"
- 2015-03-16 - The "Justice and Peace" Commission on the massacre of Christians: "Police negligent "
- 2015-03-16 - A "Day of Prayer for our martyrs" after the attacks on churches