AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Aid does not reach those who need it", complains a missionary
Bangui (Agenzia Fides ) - "Aid does not reach those who need it", said Fr. Aurelio Gazzera, a Carmelite missionary who has been working in Bozoum (a town in the northern Central African Republic), who talks about how funds donated by the international community are used in the tormented African Country.
Most of the funds allocated to help the people devastated by the civil war ends up, according to the missionary, "in the pockets of people who have absolutely no right".
Fr. Aurelio also complains that international forces deployed in Central Africa to put an end to the violence do not have a common strategy, and synergies have not been created between its various components. The Central Africans suspect that the troops present in Central Africa do not defend the local population, but are only interested in protecting the economic interests of their respective Countries. Central Africa is rich in mineral resources which has to still be largely exploited. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 25/04/2014)
- 2014-10-15 - Contacts with the kidnappers of the Polish missionary
- 2014-10-08 - Despite chaos and violence in Bozoum, schools have reopened and the pastoral year has started
- 2014-10-03 - Caritas France: "The situation is still critical because of violence"
- 2014-10-01 - "The crisis pushes more and more faithful to religious syncretism" denounces Mgr. Nzapalainga
- 2014-09-18 - "He protected the Muslims": the Alison Des Forges Award to a Central African camillian
- 2014-09-16 - “Central African crisis not insuperable” says Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-08-18 - The Archbishop of Bangui to politicians "stop the suffering of the people as soon as possible"
- 2014-07-17 - Civil society presents a scheme to lead the country out of the crisis
- 2014-07-11 - "Immediate start of the process of disarmament to ensure safety" ask religious leaders and politicians
- 2014-07-09 - 17 people who sought refuge in the area of the Cathedral in Bambari have been killed