AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Aid does not reach those who need it", complains a missionary
Bangui (Agenzia Fides ) - "Aid does not reach those who need it", said Fr. Aurelio Gazzera, a Carmelite missionary who has been working in Bozoum (a town in the northern Central African Republic), who talks about how funds donated by the international community are used in the tormented African Country.
Most of the funds allocated to help the people devastated by the civil war ends up, according to the missionary, "in the pockets of people who have absolutely no right".
Fr. Aurelio also complains that international forces deployed in Central Africa to put an end to the violence do not have a common strategy, and synergies have not been created between its various components. The Central Africans suspect that the troops present in Central Africa do not defend the local population, but are only interested in protecting the economic interests of their respective Countries. Central Africa is rich in mineral resources which has to still be largely exploited. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 25/04/2014)
- 2014-12-09 - “Where are you, perpetrator of violence in Central Africa?” demands the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-12-04 - Special Mass for peace at Bangui Carmel hosting 4,000 refugees
- 2014-12-02 - The Bishops denounce: "Banditry threatens peace, it seems that some have fun scattering weapons among the population"
- 2014-11-28 - The head of the group that had seized the Polish priest has been released
- 2014-11-27 - The Vicar General of Bouar: "Fr. Mateusz is fine and was released without the use of force"
- 2014-11-25 - Mgr. Nzapalainga and the Church in aid of former Seleka rebels: a gesture of forgiveness and reconciliation
- 2014-11-20 - AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Award given to the leaders of the "platform of Religious for Peace", including the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-10-15 - Contacts with the kidnappers of the Polish missionary
- 2014-10-08 - Despite chaos and violence in Bozoum, schools have reopened and the pastoral year has started
- 2014-10-03 - Caritas France: "The situation is still critical because of violence"