AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Aid does not reach those who need it", complains a missionary
Bangui (Agenzia Fides ) - "Aid does not reach those who need it", said Fr. Aurelio Gazzera, a Carmelite missionary who has been working in Bozoum (a town in the northern Central African Republic), who talks about how funds donated by the international community are used in the tormented African Country.
Most of the funds allocated to help the people devastated by the civil war ends up, according to the missionary, "in the pockets of people who have absolutely no right".
Fr. Aurelio also complains that international forces deployed in Central Africa to put an end to the violence do not have a common strategy, and synergies have not been created between its various components. The Central Africans suspect that the troops present in Central Africa do not defend the local population, but are only interested in protecting the economic interests of their respective Countries. Central Africa is rich in mineral resources which has to still be largely exploited. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 25/04/2014)
- 2015-03-03 - Archbishop of Bangui visits two militia leaders in prison
- 2015-02-24 - “Our country can be compared to a desert, where we must combat the temptations of the devil” says Archbishop Nzapalainga
- 2015-02-06 - "The conflict is political not religious" say three participants
- 2015-01-28 - Caritas: more funds needed for refugees from the Central African Republic
- 2015-01-14 - "Signs of hope but still too much violence, also due to the strong movement of weapons", say the Bishops
- 2015-01-13 - The situation is improving, the Bishops launch a campaign for social cohesion
- 2015-01-07 - Archbishop of Bangui threatened with death while bringing assistance to the displaced
- 2014-12-30 - Archbishop of Bangui pays a visit to former Seleka rebels again
- 2014-12-09 - “Where are you, perpetrator of violence in Central Africa?” demands the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-12-04 - Special Mass for peace at Bangui Carmel hosting 4,000 refugees