AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "The situation of the country does not depend only on a political issue", said Mgr. Parra Sandoval
Ciudad Guayana (Agenzia Fides ) - "For me, the situation of the country does not depend only on a political issue, but on other elements that have deep roots in society. Family, for example, is more and more disintegrated every day, and in families where there is violence children learn to be violent when they grow up and will continue to be violent. A family where there are no parents, begins to fall apart, and this also happens to society. There is a profound crisis of family and faith. Faith should unite us as a family, because we are children of God so we should not attack or hate each other because we think differently, but we have to respect each other": are the words expressed by the Bishop of the diocese of Ciudad Guayana, His Exc. Mgr. Mariano José Parra Sandoval, in the note sent to Fides Agency.
Mgr. Parra Sandoval, interviewed by the local press on the occasion of Holy Week, was also asked to comment on dialogue as a solution to solve the serious situation in which the nation finds itself. The Bishop pointed out that there are conditions: "I cannot sit and talk with someone who insults me. Conditions must be put to the government, how to punish violence concerning both sides, because when I see that the opposition ends up in prison and this does not happen for the violent followers of the government, that use armed gangs to fight against the other party, then I do not think there will be peace. There can be no peace when one side is punished and the other does what it wants".
Although peace talks have now officially started, opposition groups await concrete gestures that express the government's willingness to provide a solution to the basic demands of the population. (CE) (Agenzia Fides16/04/2014)
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found