ASIA/SYRIA - The government army regains control of the city of Maalula
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - The Syrian army loyal to President Assad have retaken control of the town of Maalula, 50 kilometers from Damascus. The news comes from Syrian security sources, according to which the army is gaining ground across the disputed region of Qalamun. The town of Maalula, where the monastery of Santa Tecla and the sanctuary dedicated to Saints Sergius and Bacchus are situtated, had been in the hands of rebel militias for about four months. Among the formations that had attacked the city there was also the jihadis militia of Jabhat al-Nusra Front. On 3 December last year 13 Greek-Orthodox nuns of the monastery of Santa Tecla had been kidnapped along with other three people. The seizure ended on Sunday, March 9, when they were all freed in Lebanon. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 14/04/2014).
- 2015-06-30 - Thousands of Christian families fleeing Hassakè. Archbishop Hindo: jihadists have found support in the local population
- 2015-06-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – Mass escape from Hassaké, attacked by the jihadists of Daesh. Bishop Audo: "the agenda" of the forces is not clear
- 2015-06-24 - Jihadist attacks in Hassaké. Archbishop Hindo: "they are a sign of weakness and desperation"
- 2015-06-16 - The central districts of Aleppo attacked by rebels
- 2015-06-15 - Patriarchs and Bishops of the Eastern Churches pray together for peace and commemorate the centenary of the "Assyrian Genocide" in Damascus
- 2015-06-12 - President Assad meets the Patriarch and the Synod of Syrian-Orthodox Bishops
- 2015-06-11 - Jihadist militants of al Nusra Front massacre dozens of Druze civilians in Idlib
- 2015-06-09 - The five Patriarchs of Antioch in Damascus: no to the disintegration of Syria
- 2015-06-01 - Muslim leaders for the release of father Murad, but the kidnappers are foreign to the social fabric
- 2015-05-30 - Bishop of Aleppo: unreliable rumors on a jihadist beheaded by an Assyrian soldier. Christians never justify revenge with religious issues