ASIA/SYRIA - The government army regains control of the city of Maalula
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - The Syrian army loyal to President Assad have retaken control of the town of Maalula, 50 kilometers from Damascus. The news comes from Syrian security sources, according to which the army is gaining ground across the disputed region of Qalamun. The town of Maalula, where the monastery of Santa Tecla and the sanctuary dedicated to Saints Sergius and Bacchus are situtated, had been in the hands of rebel militias for about four months. Among the formations that had attacked the city there was also the jihadis militia of Jabhat al-Nusra Front. On 3 December last year 13 Greek-Orthodox nuns of the monastery of Santa Tecla had been kidnapped along with other three people. The seizure ended on Sunday, March 9, when they were all freed in Lebanon. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 14/04/2014).
- 2015-05-22 - ASIA/SYRIA – Fr. Jacques Murad kidnapped; he belonged to the same community of Father Paolo Dall'Oglio
- 2015-05-13 - Raid of the coalition in the Khabur valley; Assyrian hostages are likely to become "human shields"
- 2015-05-08 - Chaldean Bishop of Aleppo: in dirty wars in the Middle East there are those who exploit the suffering of Christians
- 2015-04-30 - Archbishop Hindo: "jihadi attack warded off in Hassaké. Deadlock in negotiations for the release of Assyrian hostages"
- 2015-04-17 - Christian Cemeteries vandalized in Mosul and in Galilee
- 2015-04-17 - The Syrian government dedicates a garden to the Martyrs of the Assyrian Genocide in the center of Damascus
- 2015-04-15 - The Heads of the Christian communities in Aleppo: is it the time of the Resurrection of the Savior or the funeral of his disciples?
- 2015-04-14 - Bombings on Christian neighborhoods in Aleppo, also two young Salesian animators killed
- 2015-04-09 - Caritas operator dies in the bombing in Aleppo
- 2015-04-01 - Idlib in the hands of jihadists. Orthodox priest kidnapped