ASIA/HOLY LAND - Games, movies, songs and prayers to prepare Catholic school students for Easter
Nazareth (Agenzia Fides) - There are more than 3,200 children and young Catholic school students in Galilee who will take part in the meetings in preparation for Easter organized during Lent at the International Mary of Nazareth Center, 50 meters from the Basilica of the Annunciation. The young come from Nazareth, Cana, Haifa, Ramleh, Eilabun and all the other villages and towns where Catholic schools carry out their discreet and valuable educational mission in a spirit of evangelical service. Every morning, between 100 to 200 young students are involved in the discovery of a part of the multimedia route proposed by the Centre, with the vision of a film on the Passion and Resurrection of Jesus and participate in songs, lessons and moments of prayer.
The project, described by the official media of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, is realized with the help of a team of collaborators who are present at the Center every day, where entertainment and hospitality are taken care by the Chemin Neuf community, linked to the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 09/04/2014)
- 2015-01-14 - The Bishops' Holy Land Coordination visit the Cremisan Valley
- 2015-01-12 - International Delegation of Bishops visit Gaza; for Archbishop Fontana "a devastated situation"
- 2015-01-07 - International Delegation of Bishops to visit Gaza
- 2014-12-22 - Patriarch Twal visits Gaza: "today for many refugee children it would be a luxury to live in the grotto where Jesus was born"
- 2014-12-18 - Christmas Message of His Beatitude Patriarch Twal: tragedies and hopes of a difficult year
- 2014-12-02 - Cremisan case: Palestinian mayors and Catholic organizations reject the alternatives proposed by the Israeli government
- 2014-11-21 - Children without citizenship: the question of Palestinian children not registered reopens
- 2014-11-20 - Thousands of children from Gaza are disabled because of wars
- 2014-11-19 - Representatives of all religions visit the synagogue attacked. Patriarch Twal: No more violence in places of worship
- 2014-11-18 - Latin Patriarch Twal after the attack against the synagogue in Jerusalem: stop the endless spiral of revenge