AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Growing concerns about insecurity, while today Maduro meets the opposition
Carora (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of Carora, His Exc. Mgr. Luis Armando Tineo Rivera, is concerned about the daily insecurity that is gaining ground in the country and for the many acts of violence that have occurred in recent weeks in several cities, which have caused social upheaval and a large number of deaths and injuries. In view of the upcoming Holy Week, Mgr. Tineo Rivera calls on all Venezuelans to reflect, to become aware and therefore seek the common good that they need. "This means – highlights the note sent to Fides Agency – that dialogue assumes, of course, respect and mutual acceptance between each of the parties, and thus the will to reach agreements", said Mgr. Tineo.
Tension in the country continues. President Maduro has agreed, under pressure from the UNASUR (Union of South American Nations), to meet the opposition today, Tuesday, April 8, to establish an agenda of negotiations. Yesterday Maduro had received the delegation of the Foreign Ministers of the member countries of UNASUR, that later held a meeting with representatives of the Democratic Unity Movement (MUD). Maduro announced that he had accepted the proposal to meet the sectors of the opposition, and this will be considered a "great message of peace, a great sign for all the people to end violence". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/04/2014)
- 2015-11-26 - Tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa: "State officials must ask for peace"
- 2015-11-23 - With the closure of borders many children are unlikely to make their First Communion
- 2015-11-11 - The Bishops call for elections: "Free vote, essential to strengthen democracy"
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals