ASIA/CAMBODIA - JRS Cambodia celebrates World Interfaith Harmony Week
Phnom Penh (Agenzia Fides) - The different religious communities in Cambodia intend to work together for sustainable development that respects people and environment: is what was said during the recent "World Interfaith Harmony Week", which brought together believers of different religions who wish to commit themselves to justice, peace and development. The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) in Cambodia actively participated in the event.
The Cambodians of all faiths suffer the negative impact of deforestation, so there is the need to initiate collaboration in this field: the cooperation of all, and at all levels is essential in promoting a new path for sustainable development. Everyone feels the urgency to save forests and the environmental heritage of Cambodia. For this reason, thanks to the initiative of "JRS Cambodia", the groups launched a booklet titled: "Plant a Tree: Stories of People Caring for Environment", appreciated and widely used by Buddhists, Christians, Muslims and other religious minorities. The booklet is a result of the Interfaith Environment Workshop they had organized for Buddhists, Christians, Muslims and Minority Groups in June 2013. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2014)
- 2015-11-23 - The Jubilee of Mercy in the name of the martyrs and the last of society
- 2015-10-01 - Parents involved in preparing meals in school canteens
- 2015-09-17 - Forcible return for the Vietnamese "Montagnards"
- 2015-09-09 - Families forced to live in cemeteries where children play among the graves
- 2015-09-02 - ASIA/CAMBODIA – The First Youth Day in Cambodia and Laos
- 2015-07-06 - A new priest in the Church of Phnom Penh: vocations flourish
- 2015-06-18 - The Apostolic Vicar of Phnom Penh: "Martyrs teach us to love till the end"
- 2015-06-16 - The diocesan process of beatification of Cambodian martyrs begins
- 2014-10-11 - The Church of Phnom Penh launches the Year of Charity
- 2014-06-27 - The Society of Jesus welcomes the second cambodian Jesuit