AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Holy See "willing and eager" to help Venezuela
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has accepted the idea of a "mediator in good faith", due to the increasing pressure to negotiate with the opposition. On March 27, Maduro mentioned the Vatican secretary of State, Cardinal Pietro Parolin who, until last year, was apostolic nuncio in Caracas.
Fides Agency publishes Fr. Federico Lombardi’s answer, director of the Press Office of the Holy See, regarding the media's question on the issue: "Speaking of the situation in Venezuela and a possible role of cardinal Parolin, the Holy See - and also personally Cardinal Secretary of State Parolin, who knows and loves Venezuela since he was Nuncio - is certainly willing and eager to help the country. However, it is necessary to deepen and have more elements to better see what the expectations are and if there are preconditions to achieve the desired purpose". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/03/2014)
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk