VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at the Patronal Feast of Urbaniana University: "Euntes docete leave, go and teach"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Today we celebrate the feast of the patron of our university, the liturgical feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In this liturgical solemnity the Church is aware of the convergence of two 'yeses', that of Mary and that of Christ". This is what the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, said during his homily during the Mass he presided this morning in the Chapel of the Urban College .
Commenting on the Liturgy of the Word of the Day, the Cardinal stressed the desire of two people, Mary and Christ, who, each to their own choice, cooperate in the plan of salvation of the Most High. "I like to see the mission in these links, or if one wants, the purpose of our University, and allow our students to welcome the almost ineffable love, the gift of knowledge that generates wisdom. The wisdom of which the Book of Wisdom in Chapter 9 speaks about with great beauty, and that should be a moment of intense daily prayer".
Therefore the Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University cited the Holy Father’s thought on the role and function of the University in the Church expressed in the Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 25/03/2014)
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over
- 2015-04-08 - Easter 2015: "Our brothers and sisters are persecuted, exiled, killed and beheaded simply because they are Christians, they are our martyrs of today"
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin