VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at the Patronal Feast of Urbaniana University: "Euntes docete leave, go and teach"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Today we celebrate the feast of the patron of our university, the liturgical feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In this liturgical solemnity the Church is aware of the convergence of two 'yeses', that of Mary and that of Christ". This is what the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, said during his homily during the Mass he presided this morning in the Chapel of the Urban College .
Commenting on the Liturgy of the Word of the Day, the Cardinal stressed the desire of two people, Mary and Christ, who, each to their own choice, cooperate in the plan of salvation of the Most High. "I like to see the mission in these links, or if one wants, the purpose of our University, and allow our students to welcome the almost ineffable love, the gift of knowledge that generates wisdom. The wisdom of which the Book of Wisdom in Chapter 9 speaks about with great beauty, and that should be a moment of intense daily prayer".
Therefore the Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University cited the Holy Father’s thought on the role and function of the University in the Church expressed in the Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 25/03/2014)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel