VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at the Patronal Feast of Urbaniana University: "Euntes docete leave, go and teach"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Today we celebrate the feast of the patron of our university, the liturgical feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In this liturgical solemnity the Church is aware of the convergence of two 'yeses', that of Mary and that of Christ". This is what the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, said during his homily during the Mass he presided this morning in the Chapel of the Urban College .
Commenting on the Liturgy of the Word of the Day, the Cardinal stressed the desire of two people, Mary and Christ, who, each to their own choice, cooperate in the plan of salvation of the Most High. "I like to see the mission in these links, or if one wants, the purpose of our University, and allow our students to welcome the almost ineffable love, the gift of knowledge that generates wisdom. The wisdom of which the Book of Wisdom in Chapter 9 speaks about with great beauty, and that should be a moment of intense daily prayer".
Therefore the Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University cited the Holy Father’s thought on the role and function of the University in the Church expressed in the Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 25/03/2014)
- 2015-11-27 - Plenary Assembly of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples: missionary awareness and young Churches 50 years after the Ad Gentes Decree
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India