VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at the Patronal Feast of Urbaniana University: "Euntes docete leave, go and teach"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Today we celebrate the feast of the patron of our university, the liturgical feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In this liturgical solemnity the Church is aware of the convergence of two 'yeses', that of Mary and that of Christ". This is what the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, said during his homily during the Mass he presided this morning in the Chapel of the Urban College .
Commenting on the Liturgy of the Word of the Day, the Cardinal stressed the desire of two people, Mary and Christ, who, each to their own choice, cooperate in the plan of salvation of the Most High. "I like to see the mission in these links, or if one wants, the purpose of our University, and allow our students to welcome the almost ineffable love, the gift of knowledge that generates wisdom. The wisdom of which the Book of Wisdom in Chapter 9 speaks about with great beauty, and that should be a moment of intense daily prayer".
Therefore the Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University cited the Holy Father’s thought on the role and function of the University in the Church expressed in the Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 25/03/2014)
- 2014-11-24 - Pope Francis: may the Lord grant a new missionary drive to the Church in India
- 2014-10-30 - Pope's appeal: take all necessary measures to eradicate the Ebola virus
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities