VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at the Patronal Feast of Urbaniana University: "Euntes docete leave, go and teach"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Today we celebrate the feast of the patron of our university, the liturgical feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In this liturgical solemnity the Church is aware of the convergence of two 'yeses', that of Mary and that of Christ". This is what the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, said during his homily during the Mass he presided this morning in the Chapel of the Urban College .
Commenting on the Liturgy of the Word of the Day, the Cardinal stressed the desire of two people, Mary and Christ, who, each to their own choice, cooperate in the plan of salvation of the Most High. "I like to see the mission in these links, or if one wants, the purpose of our University, and allow our students to welcome the almost ineffable love, the gift of knowledge that generates wisdom. The wisdom of which the Book of Wisdom in Chapter 9 speaks about with great beauty, and that should be a moment of intense daily prayer".
Therefore the Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University cited the Holy Father’s thought on the role and function of the University in the Church expressed in the Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 25/03/2014)
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"
- 2015-01-19 - Cardinal Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation, on a pastoral visit in Vietnam
- 2015-01-14 - Saint Joseph Vaz, an example of missionary zeal
- 2015-01-07 - Pope Francis on the Day of Missionary Childhood: "Children announcers of the Gospel"