AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Dialogue is "necessary" to stop violence
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - Bishop Emeritus of the Diocese of Los Teques (Venezuela), His Exc. Mgr. Ramón Ovidio Perez Morales, proposed the Venezuelan seat of the Episcopate as a meeting place between the opposition and the government to start a dialogue that he considers "necessary". The seat of the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference is in Caracas, in the area of Montalban.
In the note sent to Fides, Mgr. Pérez Morales lists the Country's problems which have to be addressed urgently: insecurity, impunity, inflation and violence. He also reaffirms that some of the proposals contained in the government's so-called "Plan de la Patria", appear as an "unacceptable and unconstitutional" socialist project.
Yesterday even the Minister of Interior, Justice and Peace, Miguel Rodríguez Torres spoke to a local radio station saying that there will be "special military and police operations to eradicate the guarimbas". The "guarimbas" are the centers of protest and can be a place, a neighborhood or even a road. "We had a meeting with the High Military Command to activate new security plans already in place", the Minister said. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/03/2014)
AMERICA/VENEZUELA – DIALOGUE IS "NECESSARY" TO STOP VIOLENCE
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene