AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Dialogue is "necessary" to stop violence
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - Bishop Emeritus of the Diocese of Los Teques (Venezuela), His Exc. Mgr. Ramón Ovidio Perez Morales, proposed the Venezuelan seat of the Episcopate as a meeting place between the opposition and the government to start a dialogue that he considers "necessary". The seat of the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference is in Caracas, in the area of Montalban.
In the note sent to Fides, Mgr. Pérez Morales lists the Country's problems which have to be addressed urgently: insecurity, impunity, inflation and violence. He also reaffirms that some of the proposals contained in the government's so-called "Plan de la Patria", appear as an "unacceptable and unconstitutional" socialist project.
Yesterday even the Minister of Interior, Justice and Peace, Miguel Rodríguez Torres spoke to a local radio station saying that there will be "special military and police operations to eradicate the guarimbas". The "guarimbas" are the centers of protest and can be a place, a neighborhood or even a road. "We had a meeting with the High Military Command to activate new security plans already in place", the Minister said. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/03/2014)
AMERICA/VENEZUELA – DIALOGUE IS "NECESSARY" TO STOP VIOLENCE
- 2014-12-06 - Poverty, few infrastructures and precarious preventive measures: fertile terrain for Chikungunya virus
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed
- 2014-09-27 - "Do not be afraid of peace" Pope Francis’ letter to Venezuela
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Laity meet apostolic Nuncio, a tradition which encourages the unity of the Church
- 2014-08-12 - "Commit to a missionary cooperation", the V National Missionary Congress has concluded
- 2014-08-06 - The V National Missionary Congress begins
- 2014-07-14 - "Give teachers their salaries": church’s appeal in favor of teachers