ASIA/IRAQ - The Heads of Churches to all Christians: let us participate in the elections
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - The Council of Christian Church-Leaders of Iraq, an organization that brings together all the leaders of different Christian denominations in the Middle Eastern Country - has issued a brief pronouncement in which it invites all faithful to participate in the upcoming national elections, scheduled for April 30. In the text, sent to Fides Agency, Christian leaders appeal to the civil liability that involves everyone in the dramatic situation experienced by Iraq . "It is important not to despair of the fate of this Country", write the Christian leaders, while they ask "God to inspire us to choose for the good of the whole nation".
Once again, political activists linked to the Christian communities in Iraq present themselves in random order to the electoral appointment that will have to select 325 members of Parliament (with 5 seats reserved for Christians), called in turn to elect the President and the Iraqi Prime Minister in respect of the system that reserves the presidential office to a Kurd and that of the Prime Minister to a Shiite. There are at least 9 small lists inspired by Christian activists (Chaldeans, Syriacs, Assyrians). (GV) (Agenzia Fides 24/03/2014)
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"
- 2015-05-04 - Chaldean Patriarch opens discussion on the draft Constitution for the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- 2015-05-02 - Military offensive to free the province of Nineveh. Chaldean priest: "Christians want to return to their homes"
- 2015-04-13 - Northern Iraq's displaced get own radio station
- 2015-03-30 - The Chaldean Church participates in the mourning for the death of Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV
- 2015-03-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to the UN: the "Arab Spring" impacted negatively on Christians
- 2015-03-16 - Chaldean Patriarch: a law against preachers who incite violence is needed
- 2015-03-12 - The monastery of St. George in Mosul damaged, but not destroyed
- 2015-03-10 - Appeal of the Chaldean Patriarch: the offensive against the Caliphate causes new humanitarian emergencies
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University