AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Dialogue is closer and closer: President Ortega has received the Bishops’ letter
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - The President of Nicaragua, Daniel Ortega, has received the letter on behalf of the Bishops of the Episcopal Conference of Nicaragua (CEN), which states that the Church is ready to dialogue with the government (see Fides 18/03/2014).
The short note sent to Fides Agency informs that the Auxiliary Bishop of Managua, His Exc. Mgr. Silvio Baez, confirmed that the letter was sent to the President in the early morning hours of Tuesday, March 18.
The first opportunity for dialogue between the Church and Ortega was in December 2013, when the President had lunch with the Bishops at the Apostolic Nunciature (see Fides 12/04/2013). On that occasion also Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez, Archbishop of Santo Domingo, and Archbishop Fortunatus Nwachukwu, Apostolic Nuncio in Nicaragua were present. (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 20/03/2014)
- 2014-07-22 - The Archdiocese of Managua condemns the criminal act against innocent civilians on Saturday
- 2014-06-04 - Bishops awaiting the President's reply to the questions posed
- 2014-05-22 - Dialogue between the Church and government begins: "In search of new horizons for a better Nicaragua"
- 2014-05-20 - The Church on the eve of talks with the government: problems are not solved by ignoring them
- 2014-05-14 - Bishops call for three days of prayer for the Church-Government meeting
- 2014-04-08 - Pastor killed: he was "a charismatic, sociable, cheerful priest, he inspired young people to follow Jesus Christ"
- 2014-03-26 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – The government of Ortega ready to dialogue with the Church
- 2014-03-20 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Dialogue is closer and closer: President Ortega has received the Bishops’ letter
- 2014-03-18 - Cardinal Brenes: "the Church is ready to dialogue with the President"
- 2014-03-12 - Full availability of Bishops to dialogue with the government on issues of national interest