AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Dialogue is closer and closer: President Ortega has received the Bishops’ letter
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - The President of Nicaragua, Daniel Ortega, has received the letter on behalf of the Bishops of the Episcopal Conference of Nicaragua (CEN), which states that the Church is ready to dialogue with the government (see Fides 18/03/2014).
The short note sent to Fides Agency informs that the Auxiliary Bishop of Managua, His Exc. Mgr. Silvio Baez, confirmed that the letter was sent to the President in the early morning hours of Tuesday, March 18.
The first opportunity for dialogue between the Church and Ortega was in December 2013, when the President had lunch with the Bishops at the Apostolic Nunciature (see Fides 12/04/2013). On that occasion also Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez, Archbishop of Santo Domingo, and Archbishop Fortunatus Nwachukwu, Apostolic Nuncio in Nicaragua were present. (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 20/03/2014)
AMERICA/NICARAGUA – DIALOGUE IS CLOSER AND CLOSER: PRESIDENT ORTEGA HAS RECEIVED THE BISHOPS’ LETTER
- 2015-03-27 - Group of Spanish Catholic volunteers give support to Nicaraguan children
- 2015-03-20 - Project which involves women to bring electricity to poor communities
- 2015-03-09 - Lent: journey of liberation to fight indifference and selfishness
- 2015-03-06 - "Facts have to be reported": creation of the Human Rights Commission in Pantasma
- 2015-02-13 - Mgr. Mata: "The government must defend human rights"
- 2015-01-20 - Pastoral letter: "Some people are more interested in profit than man himself"
- 2015-01-13 - Still controversy about the transoceanic canal: the Bishops call for clarity
- 2014-12-10 - Church-Government meeting on the Interoceanic Canal
- 2014-12-05 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Electoral certificate renewal: Bishops speak out
- 2014-11-26 - The Bishops of Central America gather: Communication in the culture of encounter