AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Teachers' strike still continues in the capital
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - More than 3 million students in the capital are not attending lessons because teachers are still on strike, which began on March 5. The Bishop of the Diocese of Mar del Plata, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio Marino (see Fides 17/03/2014 ) said in a note sent to Fides: "I am not in favor of some and against others. I only think of the children who are affected by the teachers' strike".
The note refers to the intervention of the Bishop to a local Radio: "Teachers have the right to protest and also have the right to receive a proper salary according to the work they do, even taking into account the serious problem of inflation", however, "using children as hostages is not right. There are professions and jobs in society that must also have a vocation, and in this case, the right to strike should be limited in a rational way". Mgr. Marino concluded: "An indefinite strike causes much harm to society, especially in a important sector such as education". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/03/2014)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – TEACHERS' STRIKE STILL CONTINUES IN THE CAPITAL
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children
- 2014-09-06 - The life of every migrant demands we build a new world; migrants’ pilgrimage to Luján
- 2014-09-04 - Announcing Christ on the streets: “committed to mission” for the archdiocese of Salta
- 2014-09-03 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Month of the Bible, ideal context for giving new impulse to the evangelising mission of the Church