AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Teachers' strike still continues in the capital
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - More than 3 million students in the capital are not attending lessons because teachers are still on strike, which began on March 5. The Bishop of the Diocese of Mar del Plata, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio Marino (see Fides 17/03/2014 ) said in a note sent to Fides: "I am not in favor of some and against others. I only think of the children who are affected by the teachers' strike".
The note refers to the intervention of the Bishop to a local Radio: "Teachers have the right to protest and also have the right to receive a proper salary according to the work they do, even taking into account the serious problem of inflation", however, "using children as hostages is not right. There are professions and jobs in society that must also have a vocation, and in this case, the right to strike should be limited in a rational way". Mgr. Marino concluded: "An indefinite strike causes much harm to society, especially in a important sector such as education". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/03/2014)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – TEACHERS' STRIKE STILL CONTINUES IN THE CAPITAL
- 2015-09-24 - Over 40% of the poor in the capital is under 14 years of age
- 2015-09-23 - Argentinean missionary animators of "mission houses" in Cuba, a testimony
- 2015-09-15 - One death due to malnutrition every 10 hours, 2 out of 10 children do not have adequate food
- 2015-09-14 - The Bishops: malnutrition and poverty in the country, a "terrible reality"
- 2015-09-10 - "Cura Gaucho" on the path towards canonization, the people of Villa Cura Brochero celebrate
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship