AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Teachers' strike still continues in the capital
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - More than 3 million students in the capital are not attending lessons because teachers are still on strike, which began on March 5. The Bishop of the Diocese of Mar del Plata, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio Marino (see Fides 17/03/2014 ) said in a note sent to Fides: "I am not in favor of some and against others. I only think of the children who are affected by the teachers' strike".
The note refers to the intervention of the Bishop to a local Radio: "Teachers have the right to protest and also have the right to receive a proper salary according to the work they do, even taking into account the serious problem of inflation", however, "using children as hostages is not right. There are professions and jobs in society that must also have a vocation, and in this case, the right to strike should be limited in a rational way". Mgr. Marino concluded: "An indefinite strike causes much harm to society, especially in a important sector such as education". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/03/2014)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – TEACHERS' STRIKE STILL CONTINUES IN THE CAPITAL
- 2015-07-22 - "Bring Christ to families": hundreds of young people on a mission to Goya
- 2015-07-21 - "Mission, a way of life": towards the fourth National Meeting of Missionary Groups
- 2015-07-15 - Nearly 30 percent of Argentines live in a situation of poverty
- 2015-07-10 - The Archbishop of Tucuman denounces: laws that violate the rights and freedom of conscience, attacks against the Church, a climate of fear
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"
- 2015-06-18 - The first Congress on intercultural and interreligious dialogue
- 2015-06-12 - "We are concerned about the new poor", said Mgr. Ojea, head of Caritas
- 2015-06-11 - "In this America's Cup, and always, say no to trafficking": campaign against human trafficking
- 2015-05-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Child nutrition, drugs and poverty: meeting of Bishops and authorities of Buenos Aires
- 2015-05-26 - The Church's message for the National holiday: no to hatred, play politics with moral integrity