ASIA/SYRIA – In Aleppo, the Order of Malta inaugurates three new mobile clinics for refugees
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - Three years after the beginning of the civil war in Syria, Malteser International - the international relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta – inaugurates three new mobile clinics in camps located in the vicinity of Aleppo, which may provide health care to about 50 thousand Syrians. The agency of the Order of Malta will also distribute - in collaboration with the International Blue Crescent and thanks to the funding from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany - 1,500 packs of food and hygiene to civilians in refugee camps and to about 1,500 displaced families in the area of Damascus. "Most medical facilities around Aleppo", explains Oliver Hochedez, relief coordinator for Malteser International "have been destroyed or abandoned. With our clinics, civilians have access to immediate medical care, without having to walk hours to reach the border with Turkey. This could save their life". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 12/03/2014)
ASIA/SYRIA – IN ALEPPO, THE ORDER OF MALTA INAUGURATES THREE NEW MOBILE CLINICS FOR REFUGEES
- 2014-12-05 - Melkite Patriarch Grégoire III: al Azhar Conference “fundamental event”. Islamist ideology harms both Christians and Muslims
- 2014-12-01 - Civil war is causing the loss of a generation of children
- 2014-11-15 - 25 Christian families still in Raqqa. Obligation to pay a "protection tax"
- 2014-11-14 - Archbishop Hindo: if the US attack the Syrian army, we will have a second Libya
- 2014-11-12 - Negotiations for a truce in Aleppo. Bishop Abou Khazen: it is only useful if it brings us closer to true peace
- 2014-10-30 - The Catholic Syrian Bishops: if the world wants to help us, stop sending us weapons!
- 2014-10-13 - The five Christians of the Orontes Valley, who were still being held by jihadists, have been released
- 2014-10-10 - Five Christians of the Orontes Valley still held by Islamic jihadists
- 2014-10-09 - Father Jallouf Hanna has been released
- 2014-10-09 - ASIA/SYRIA – The four women abducted along with Father Hanna have been released; no message from the kidnappers