ASIA/SYRIA – In Aleppo, the Order of Malta inaugurates three new mobile clinics for refugees
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - Three years after the beginning of the civil war in Syria, Malteser International - the international relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta – inaugurates three new mobile clinics in camps located in the vicinity of Aleppo, which may provide health care to about 50 thousand Syrians. The agency of the Order of Malta will also distribute - in collaboration with the International Blue Crescent and thanks to the funding from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany - 1,500 packs of food and hygiene to civilians in refugee camps and to about 1,500 displaced families in the area of Damascus. "Most medical facilities around Aleppo", explains Oliver Hochedez, relief coordinator for Malteser International "have been destroyed or abandoned. With our clinics, civilians have access to immediate medical care, without having to walk hours to reach the border with Turkey. This could save their life". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 12/03/2014)
ASIA/SYRIA – IN ALEPPO, THE ORDER OF MALTA INAUGURATES THREE NEW MOBILE CLINICS FOR REFUGEES
- 2015-11-18 - Assad: "Putin is the only defender of Christian civilization"
- 2015-11-17 - Pax Christi: need to put an end to the support to jihadist groups
- 2015-11-11 - Assyrian associations denounce the violence and abuse of Kurdish forces
- 2015-11-07 - The jihadist Islamic State release 37 other Assyrian hostages of the valley of Khabur
- 2015-10-28 - Russian delegation meets representatives of Churches and religious communities
- 2015-10-27 - Father Murad speaks of his captivity
- 2015-10-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – A shell hits Latin Church in Aleppo during the celebration of Mass. Bishop Abou Khazen: it could have been a massacre
- 2015-10-26 - violence and human rights: lessons in peace building in war zones.
- 2015-10-23 - Christians in Hassakè denounce attempts to expropriate properties of emigrants
- 2015-10-20 - Offensive in Aleppo. Archbishop Marayati: we pay the price of the 'Holy Wars' carried out by others