ASIA/SYRIA – In Aleppo, the Order of Malta inaugurates three new mobile clinics for refugees
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - Three years after the beginning of the civil war in Syria, Malteser International - the international relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta – inaugurates three new mobile clinics in camps located in the vicinity of Aleppo, which may provide health care to about 50 thousand Syrians. The agency of the Order of Malta will also distribute - in collaboration with the International Blue Crescent and thanks to the funding from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany - 1,500 packs of food and hygiene to civilians in refugee camps and to about 1,500 displaced families in the area of Damascus. "Most medical facilities around Aleppo", explains Oliver Hochedez, relief coordinator for Malteser International "have been destroyed or abandoned. With our clinics, civilians have access to immediate medical care, without having to walk hours to reach the border with Turkey. This could save their life". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 12/03/2014)
ASIA/SYRIA – IN ALEPPO, THE ORDER OF MALTA INAUGURATES THREE NEW MOBILE CLINICS FOR REFUGEES
- 2015-04-17 - Christian Cemeteries vandalized in Mosul and in Galilee
- 2015-04-17 - The Syrian government dedicates a garden to the Martyrs of the Assyrian Genocide in the center of Damascus
- 2015-04-15 - The Heads of the Christian communities in Aleppo: is it the time of the Resurrection of the Savior or the funeral of his disciples?
- 2015-04-14 - Bombings on Christian neighborhoods in Aleppo, also two young Salesian animators killed
- 2015-04-09 - Caritas operator dies in the bombing in Aleppo
- 2015-04-01 - Idlib in the hands of jihadists. Orthodox priest kidnapped
- 2015-03-24 - The Islamic State shows a video of an Assyrian Christian who "converted" to Islam
- 2015-03-20 - Assyrian Bishop writes to the jihadists: our Church does not identify itself with any armed group
- 2015-03-18 - Catholic Bishops meet in Homs
- 2015-03-18 - Patriarch Gregoire III: "one is inconsiderate to invoke external military interventions to defend Christians in the Middle East"