AMERICA/BRAZIL - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Tomorrow, March 5, Ash Wednesday, the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB) will officially open the Fraternity Campaign 2014 in Brasilia, which this year will focus on "Fraternity and human trafficking" with the slogan "For freedom Christ has set us free" (Gal 5:1). The event will be broadcast live by the media of Catholic inspiration.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the CNBB reports that the launch of the Campaign will be presided by the Auxiliary Bishop of Brasilia and the Secretary General of the CNBB, His Exc. Mgr. Leonardo Ulrich Steiner, with the participation of government representatives, civil society and religious communities. Pope Francis’ message for the Campaign 2014 will also be read.
The Fraternity Campaign poster aims to illustrate the cruelty of human trafficking. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2014)
- 2015-11-25 - National school feeding program to improve the living conditions of children and farmers
- 2015-11-23 - The presence of foreign missionaries enriches the Church in Brazil
- 2015-11-13 - Two more religious missionary nuns sent to Haiti: they will help children, youth and families
- 2015-10-30 - Bishops' message: Crisis in the country worsens, dialogue and democracy are needed
- 2015-10-20 - "Scalabrinian Mission": opening of a new reception center for refugees in Sao Paulo
- 2015-10-14 - "The wealth of Brazil should be better distributed" asks Mgr. Nicioli
- 2015-10-10 - The Church: it is urgent to save abandoned children and adolescents who have disappeared
- 2015-09-16 - "How many people have to die before they have justice?", since 1983 at least 50 indigenous leaders have been killed
- 2015-09-15 - Preparation for World Mission Sunday 2015 begins
- 2015-09-14 - Early Marriages: still half a million young newlyweds between 15 to 17 years of age