AMERICA/BRAZIL - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Tomorrow, March 5, Ash Wednesday, the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB) will officially open the Fraternity Campaign 2014 in Brasilia, which this year will focus on "Fraternity and human trafficking" with the slogan "For freedom Christ has set us free" (Gal 5:1). The event will be broadcast live by the media of Catholic inspiration.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the CNBB reports that the launch of the Campaign will be presided by the Auxiliary Bishop of Brasilia and the Secretary General of the CNBB, His Exc. Mgr. Leonardo Ulrich Steiner, with the participation of government representatives, civil society and religious communities. Pope Francis’ message for the Campaign 2014 will also be read.
The Fraternity Campaign poster aims to illustrate the cruelty of human trafficking. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2014)
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016