AMERICA/BRAZIL - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Tomorrow, March 5, Ash Wednesday, the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB) will officially open the Fraternity Campaign 2014 in Brasilia, which this year will focus on "Fraternity and human trafficking" with the slogan "For freedom Christ has set us free" (Gal 5:1). The event will be broadcast live by the media of Catholic inspiration.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the CNBB reports that the launch of the Campaign will be presided by the Auxiliary Bishop of Brasilia and the Secretary General of the CNBB, His Exc. Mgr. Leonardo Ulrich Steiner, with the participation of government representatives, civil society and religious communities. Pope Francis’ message for the Campaign 2014 will also be read.
The Fraternity Campaign poster aims to illustrate the cruelty of human trafficking. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2014)
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016
- 2014-06-24 - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
- 2014-06-23 - The tragedy of child prostitution behind the glitz of the World Cup
- 2014-06-17 - Social inclusion and missionary work, the commitment of the Church in Brazil for Haiti continues
- 2014-06-12 - The World Cup begins with a "Red Card to Child Labour"
- 2014-06-11 - "The only goal that matters is the demarcation of our lands", say the indigenous