AMERICA/BRAZIL - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Tomorrow, March 5, Ash Wednesday, the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB) will officially open the Fraternity Campaign 2014 in Brasilia, which this year will focus on "Fraternity and human trafficking" with the slogan "For freedom Christ has set us free" (Gal 5:1). The event will be broadcast live by the media of Catholic inspiration.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the CNBB reports that the launch of the Campaign will be presided by the Auxiliary Bishop of Brasilia and the Secretary General of the CNBB, His Exc. Mgr. Leonardo Ulrich Steiner, with the participation of government representatives, civil society and religious communities. Pope Francis’ message for the Campaign 2014 will also be read.
The Fraternity Campaign poster aims to illustrate the cruelty of human trafficking. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2014)
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform
- 2014-10-27 - Beatification of the co-founder of the Scalabrinians: "May the whole Church be missionary of truth, mother Assunta did it"
- 2014-10-27 - Dilma Rousseff re-elected President with a narrow margin: she will have to face recession, corruption and discontent
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"