AMERICA/BRAZIL - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Tomorrow, March 5, Ash Wednesday, the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB) will officially open the Fraternity Campaign 2014 in Brasilia, which this year will focus on "Fraternity and human trafficking" with the slogan "For freedom Christ has set us free" (Gal 5:1). The event will be broadcast live by the media of Catholic inspiration.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the CNBB reports that the launch of the Campaign will be presided by the Auxiliary Bishop of Brasilia and the Secretary General of the CNBB, His Exc. Mgr. Leonardo Ulrich Steiner, with the participation of government representatives, civil society and religious communities. Pope Francis’ message for the Campaign 2014 will also be read.
The Fraternity Campaign poster aims to illustrate the cruelty of human trafficking. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2014)
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved