ASIA/MYANMAR - Health activities that the government had stopped resumes only in some centers
Yangon (Agenzia Fides) - After a confrontation with the government in Naypyitaw, the Minister of Health and Minister of the Interior allowed the NGO Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Holland to resume part of the health activities in Kachin, Shan and Yangon, that the Union Government had ordered to stop (see Fides 03/03/2014). Despite the encouraging sign, MSF is extremely concerned about the fate of tens of thousands of vulnerable people in the state of Rakhine, where the resumption of activities was not allowed and where there is a major humanitarian and health care crisis. In fact, as a result of verbal communication by the authorities of the State, MSF Holland clinics were closed on February 27. Before being closed, MSF carried out a series of activities in nine locations in Rakhine, taking care of anyone who did not have access to necessary medical care. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/032014)
- 2015-07-23 - ASIA/MYANMAR – Blasphemy laws undermine the rule of law
- 2015-07-20 - Cardinal Bo to the leaders of the nation: "Be good parents"
- 2015-05-28 - Radical Buddhist groups: "The Rohingya are not Burmese"
- 2015-05-25 - ASIA/MYANMAR – Cardinal Bo to the Burmese Government: "Compassion and mercy towards the boat people"
- 2015-03-04 - Cardinal Bo: "The seven swords that pierce Mary's heart in Myanmar"
- 2015-01-29 - "Remove a cross in the state of Chin": the order worries Christians
- 2015-01-23 - No to impunity for rape and murder of Kachin women
- 2015-01-08 - The Church joyfully welcomes the appointment of the first Burmese Cardinal in history
- 2014-11-25 - In the process of reforms underway, even the release of child soldiers
- 2014-11-24 - Bishops' Message for the Jubilee: "A new season of hope"