ASIA/MYANMAR - Health activities that the government had stopped resumes only in some centers
Yangon (Agenzia Fides) - After a confrontation with the government in Naypyitaw, the Minister of Health and Minister of the Interior allowed the NGO Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Holland to resume part of the health activities in Kachin, Shan and Yangon, that the Union Government had ordered to stop (see Fides 03/03/2014). Despite the encouraging sign, MSF is extremely concerned about the fate of tens of thousands of vulnerable people in the state of Rakhine, where the resumption of activities was not allowed and where there is a major humanitarian and health care crisis. In fact, as a result of verbal communication by the authorities of the State, MSF Holland clinics were closed on February 27. Before being closed, MSF carried out a series of activities in nine locations in Rakhine, taking care of anyone who did not have access to necessary medical care. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/032014)
- 2015-11-24 - Cardinal Bo: "A year of mercy for Myanmar"
- 2015-11-21 - Cardinal Bo: "A nation on the threshold of hope"
- 2015-11-17 - The victory of the National League for Democracy confirmed
- 2015-11-11 - Aung San Suu Kyi’s party wins: now national reconciliation
- 2015-11-10 - The Church: "After the elections, new hope for a future of unity in the nation"
- 2015-11-06 - Appeal for tolerance and respect for human rights during elections
- 2015-11-05 - Cardinal Bo: "Voting is a pilgrimage of hope"
- 2015-10-30 - Respect and coexistence as the basis for democracy
- 2015-09-25 - Cardinal Bo: "free and transparent elections"
- 2015-08-05 - Thousands of victims because of heavy flooding