ASIA/SYRIA – Where to be a child is impossible
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - All over the world there are countries where children live in continual danger and for many different reasons it is impossible to be a child. Among these countries Syria, Afghanistan and Congo are places where minors are forced to forget they are children. According to information collected by Fides, the crisis in Syria which has raged for over two years affects some 5 million minors. A reported 60% of child refugees cannot go to school . Emergency situations in the country include the necessity to guarantee vaccination against poliomyelitis for over 2 million children under 5 years old. (AP) (28/2/2014 Agenzia Fides)
ASIA/SYRIA – WHERE TO BE A CHILD IS IMPOSSIBLE
- 2014-10-30 - The Catholic Syrian Bishops: if the world wants to help us, stop sending us weapons!
- 2014-10-13 - The five Christians of the Orontes Valley, who were still being held by jihadists, have been released
- 2014-10-10 - Five Christians of the Orontes Valley still held by Islamic jihadists
- 2014-10-09 - Father Jallouf Hanna has been released
- 2014-10-09 - ASIA/SYRIA – The four women abducted along with Father Hanna have been released; no message from the kidnappers
- 2014-10-08 - The Franciscan priest kidnapped after he had appealed to the Islamic Court
- 2014-10-07 - Custody of the Holy Land: Fr. Jallouf and other Christians kidnapped by the jihadists linked to al-Nusra
- 2014-10-07 - Bishop Khazen confirms: a priest and twenty Christians of the village of Knayeh have been kidnapped
- 2014-10-02 - Massacre of children in Homs; three Christians kidnapped in the province of Hassaké
- 2014-09-24 - Armenian Archbishop of Aleppo: for the people, the perpetrators of the raids are certainly not "liberators"