ASIA/SYRIA – Where to be a child is impossible
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - All over the world there are countries where children live in continual danger and for many different reasons it is impossible to be a child. Among these countries Syria, Afghanistan and Congo are places where minors are forced to forget they are children. According to information collected by Fides, the crisis in Syria which has raged for over two years affects some 5 million minors. A reported 60% of child refugees cannot go to school . Emergency situations in the country include the necessity to guarantee vaccination against poliomyelitis for over 2 million children under 5 years old. (AP) (28/2/2014 Agenzia Fides)
ASIA/SYRIA – WHERE TO BE A CHILD IS IMPOSSIBLE
- 2015-04-17 - Christian Cemeteries vandalized in Mosul and in Galilee
- 2015-04-17 - The Syrian government dedicates a garden to the Martyrs of the Assyrian Genocide in the center of Damascus
- 2015-04-15 - The Heads of the Christian communities in Aleppo: is it the time of the Resurrection of the Savior or the funeral of his disciples?
- 2015-04-14 - Bombings on Christian neighborhoods in Aleppo, also two young Salesian animators killed
- 2015-04-09 - Caritas operator dies in the bombing in Aleppo
- 2015-04-01 - Idlib in the hands of jihadists. Orthodox priest kidnapped
- 2015-03-24 - The Islamic State shows a video of an Assyrian Christian who "converted" to Islam
- 2015-03-20 - Assyrian Bishop writes to the jihadists: our Church does not identify itself with any armed group
- 2015-03-18 - Catholic Bishops meet in Homs
- 2015-03-18 - Patriarch Gregoire III: "one is inconsiderate to invoke external military interventions to defend Christians in the Middle East"