ASIA/SYRIA – Where to be a child is impossible
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - All over the world there are countries where children live in continual danger and for many different reasons it is impossible to be a child. Among these countries Syria, Afghanistan and Congo are places where minors are forced to forget they are children. According to information collected by Fides, the crisis in Syria which has raged for over two years affects some 5 million minors. A reported 60% of child refugees cannot go to school . Emergency situations in the country include the necessity to guarantee vaccination against poliomyelitis for over 2 million children under 5 years old. (AP) (28/2/2014 Agenzia Fides)
ASIA/SYRIA – WHERE TO BE A CHILD IS IMPOSSIBLE
- 2015-05-27 - Assyrian hostages: jihadists release two women
- 2015-05-26 - The jihadists retreat from the villages on the river Khabur, leaving destroyed crosses and vandalized churches
- 2015-05-25 - Syrian Catholic Patriarch Ignace Youssif III: prayer and fasting for father Murad and deacon Hanna’s release
- 2015-05-22 - ASIA/SYRIA – Fr. Jacques Murad kidnapped; he belonged to the same community of Father Paolo Dall'Oglio
- 2015-05-13 - Raid of the coalition in the Khabur valley; Assyrian hostages are likely to become "human shields"
- 2015-05-08 - Chaldean Bishop of Aleppo: in dirty wars in the Middle East there are those who exploit the suffering of Christians
- 2015-04-30 - Archbishop Hindo: "jihadi attack warded off in Hassaké. Deadlock in negotiations for the release of Assyrian hostages"
- 2015-04-17 - Christian Cemeteries vandalized in Mosul and in Galilee
- 2015-04-17 - The Syrian government dedicates a garden to the Martyrs of the Assyrian Genocide in the center of Damascus
- 2015-04-15 - The Heads of the Christian communities in Aleppo: is it the time of the Resurrection of the Savior or the funeral of his disciples?