ASIA/SYRIA – Where to be a child is impossible
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - All over the world there are countries where children live in continual danger and for many different reasons it is impossible to be a child. Among these countries Syria, Afghanistan and Congo are places where minors are forced to forget they are children. According to information collected by Fides, the crisis in Syria which has raged for over two years affects some 5 million minors. A reported 60% of child refugees cannot go to school . Emergency situations in the country include the necessity to guarantee vaccination against poliomyelitis for over 2 million children under 5 years old. (AP) (28/2/2014 Agenzia Fides)
ASIA/SYRIA – WHERE TO BE A CHILD IS IMPOSSIBLE
- 2015-11-18 - Assad: "Putin is the only defender of Christian civilization"
- 2015-11-17 - Pax Christi: need to put an end to the support to jihadist groups
- 2015-11-11 - Assyrian associations denounce the violence and abuse of Kurdish forces
- 2015-11-07 - The jihadist Islamic State release 37 other Assyrian hostages of the valley of Khabur
- 2015-10-28 - Russian delegation meets representatives of Churches and religious communities
- 2015-10-27 - Father Murad speaks of his captivity
- 2015-10-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – A shell hits Latin Church in Aleppo during the celebration of Mass. Bishop Abou Khazen: it could have been a massacre
- 2015-10-26 - violence and human rights: lessons in peace building in war zones.
- 2015-10-23 - Christians in Hassakè denounce attempts to expropriate properties of emigrants
- 2015-10-20 - Offensive in Aleppo. Archbishop Marayati: we pay the price of the 'Holy Wars' carried out by others