ASIA/SYRIA – Where to be a child is impossible
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - All over the world there are countries where children live in continual danger and for many different reasons it is impossible to be a child. Among these countries Syria, Afghanistan and Congo are places where minors are forced to forget they are children. According to information collected by Fides, the crisis in Syria which has raged for over two years affects some 5 million minors. A reported 60% of child refugees cannot go to school . Emergency situations in the country include the necessity to guarantee vaccination against poliomyelitis for over 2 million children under 5 years old. (AP) (28/2/2014 Agenzia Fides)
ASIA/SYRIA – WHERE TO BE A CHILD IS IMPOSSIBLE
- 2015-10-08 - The jihadists release the video of the execution of three Assyrian hostages
- 2015-10-07 - Video released on the Christians in Qaryatayn who sign a "protection pact"
- 2015-10-02 - Archbishop Hindo " McCain’s disturbing words on anti-Assad rebels armed by the CIA"
- 2015-09-29 - Bishop Abou Khazen: the choices of the West on the Syrian conflict continue to be inconsiderate
- 2015-09-25 - The self-defense "Sotoro" militias shoot each other
- 2015-09-18 - The Marists in Aleppo: there is a risk of getting used to horror
- 2015-09-15 - Four Christians among the victims of the jihadist attack in Hassaké
- 2015-09-08 - Archbishop Hindo: the demands of the jihadists for the release of the Assyrian hostages are more accessible
- 2015-09-04 - Negotiations on the release of father Murad and 270 hostages, Christians and Muslims
- 2015-09-03 - A video and a letter from Father Jacques Murad, the prior of St. Elian kidnapped last May, has been released