ASIA/SYRIA - Attack on Assyrian Democratic Organization head offices
Qamishli (Agenzia Fides) – In the evening of 27 February a gang of men armed with machine guns and hand grenades attacked the head offices of the Assyrian Democratic Organization (ADO), at Qamishli, in the north eastern province of Jazira, threatening to destroy the place and terrorising the militants present. According to the Ankawa.com, web site leading members of the organisation recognised police agents among the assailants. The city is still controlled by government troops linked with Kurdish military.
The intimidating was against an Organisation founded in Syria in 1957 with the purpose of safeguarding the identity instances of Assyrian, Syrian and Chaldean peoples living in the area who share the Christian faith and also claim bonds of continuity with the peoples and civilisations present in Mesopotamia prior to the Arab-Islamic conquest. The Syrian regime has always prevented the Organisation from participating in the political life of the country. From the start of the present Syrian conflict, the ADO has sided with the Opposition, but more than once it has complained of marginalisation and targeted exclusion within the galaxy of anti-Assad factions and groups. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 28/2/2014).
- 2015-06-30 - Thousands of Christian families fleeing Hassakè. Archbishop Hindo: jihadists have found support in the local population
- 2015-06-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – Mass escape from Hassaké, attacked by the jihadists of Daesh. Bishop Audo: "the agenda" of the forces is not clear
- 2015-06-24 - Jihadist attacks in Hassaké. Archbishop Hindo: "they are a sign of weakness and desperation"
- 2015-06-16 - The central districts of Aleppo attacked by rebels
- 2015-06-15 - Patriarchs and Bishops of the Eastern Churches pray together for peace and commemorate the centenary of the "Assyrian Genocide" in Damascus
- 2015-06-12 - President Assad meets the Patriarch and the Synod of Syrian-Orthodox Bishops
- 2015-06-11 - Jihadist militants of al Nusra Front massacre dozens of Druze civilians in Idlib
- 2015-06-09 - The five Patriarchs of Antioch in Damascus: no to the disintegration of Syria
- 2015-06-01 - Muslim leaders for the release of father Murad, but the kidnappers are foreign to the social fabric
- 2015-05-30 - Bishop of Aleppo: unreliable rumors on a jihadist beheaded by an Assyrian soldier. Christians never justify revenge with religious issues