ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
Herat (Agenzia Fides) – Rice, oil, winter clothes, trainers, toys, various hand-craft kits and videogames, were recently delivered, with the help of the Spanish Airforce, Ejército del Aire, and sent by several Spanish humanitarian associations, to children at an orphanage run by the Resalat y Balal association, in one of the poorest districts of Herat and then to young patients at a Camp Hospital run by the same Spanish Army Air Force, Campaña del Ejército del Aire in Herat. At the Spanish Air Base in Herat the gifts were handed to 23 children accompanied by teachers. Herat has various orphanages: three supported by private donations and the 'Resalat y Balal' association runs a school for 650 pupils and an orphanage caring for 50 boys and girls aged 6 to 16 years old. (AP) (26/2/2014 Agenzia Fides)
ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – HUMANITARIAN AID AND VIDEOGAMES FOR ORPHANS IN HERAT
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty