AMERICA/PARAGUAY - Campaign to vaccinate children against measles and rubella
Asunción (Agenzia Fides) – Beginning in April, the Programma Ampliado di Immunizzazione (PAI) is organizing in Paraguay, for one month, a campaign to vaccinate children aged 1 to 5 years, against measles and rubella. According to a report sent to Agenzia Fides, the Health Ministry of Paraguay aims to rid the country of both viruses. In the past the Ministry had stopped the spread of these two pathologies by vaccinating Paraguayans tourists leaving the country and Paraguayans working in chains of hotels. Moreover, a campaign has already been launched by four other border departments. PAI has urged all parents to produce vaccination certificates on enlisting their children at school. The all-America health organization, (OPS) will verify the campaign and follow its progress. (AP) (24/2/2014 Agenzia Fides)
- 2015-06-18 - AMERICA/PARAGUAY – Urgent need to eradicate child labor, which is dangerous and harmful to physical and mental development
- 2015-05-15 - Archbishop Valenzuela Mellid: "We all have to be responsible in carrying out our duties"
- 2015-05-07 - The Church condemns the criminal violence that killed three people and a politician
- 2015-04-27 - Indigenous people live in poverty but maintain their traditions
- 2015-03-04 - The appeal of 450 thousand working children: "We do not want to be exploited"
- 2014-12-09 - On the feast day of Our Lady of Caacupé bishop denounces corruption and drug trafficking
- 2014-12-04 - Paraguayan Missionaries join fellow Paraguayans in Argentina to celebrate Our Lady of Caacupé
- 2014-12-01 - Novena to Our Lady of Caacupé, opportunity to reflect on the rights of the defenseless and the responsibilities of politicians
- 2014-11-25 - The Church is not discouraged because of the drug trade, it will continue to fight for justice and peace
- 2014-11-14 - In defense of family rights: draft law rejected