AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "From Blessed Brochero let us learn to become missionary disciples": meeting of the diocese of Patagonia
Rawson (Agenzia Fides) - The XI Regional Meeting for the Pastoral Care of the dioceses that make up the region of Patagonia-Comahue was held in the city of Rawson, the capital of the province of Chubut (Argentina). The meeting was held from 14 to 16 February on the theme "From the Blessed Cura Brochero, let us deepen our vocation as missionary disciples".
On opening the meeting, the Bishop of the Diocese of Rio Gallegos, His Exc. Mgr. Miguel Ángel D'Annibale, presented the life and work of evangelization of Cura Brochero, inviting participants to reflect on the impact that his example and his witness could have in the dioceses of Patagonia. He then presented the Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium.
The note sent to Fides reports that during the group workshop that followed, the path taken, the reality of each diocese and the work to develop this year were analyzed. Therefore proposals for joint formation sessions for the second half of the year were proposed. Each diocese participated with a delegation consisting of a maximum of 18 people and two delegates from each pastoral sector. Each day included time for prayer, exchange of experiences, a time for fun and, at the end of the day, the Eucharist celebration.
The various Pastoral Committees of the Region of Patagonia-Comahue meet once a year (or when there is a pastoral emergency) for an exchange of strategies and pastoral methods, as they share in almost all fields, the same social reality (see Fides 23/02/2012). The meeting this year was attended by the Bishops of Alto Valle del Rio Negro, Neuquen, San Carlos de Bariloche, Rio Gallegos, Comodoro Rivadavia), Viedma ed Esquel. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/02/2014)
- 2015-03-11 - 400 years of evangelization in Posadas: "we share the joy of evangelizing"
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"