AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "From Blessed Brochero let us learn to become missionary disciples": meeting of the diocese of Patagonia
Rawson (Agenzia Fides) - The XI Regional Meeting for the Pastoral Care of the dioceses that make up the region of Patagonia-Comahue was held in the city of Rawson, the capital of the province of Chubut (Argentina). The meeting was held from 14 to 16 February on the theme "From the Blessed Cura Brochero, let us deepen our vocation as missionary disciples".
On opening the meeting, the Bishop of the Diocese of Rio Gallegos, His Exc. Mgr. Miguel Ángel D'Annibale, presented the life and work of evangelization of Cura Brochero, inviting participants to reflect on the impact that his example and his witness could have in the dioceses of Patagonia. He then presented the Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium.
The note sent to Fides reports that during the group workshop that followed, the path taken, the reality of each diocese and the work to develop this year were analyzed. Therefore proposals for joint formation sessions for the second half of the year were proposed. Each diocese participated with a delegation consisting of a maximum of 18 people and two delegates from each pastoral sector. Each day included time for prayer, exchange of experiences, a time for fun and, at the end of the day, the Eucharist celebration.
The various Pastoral Committees of the Region of Patagonia-Comahue meet once a year (or when there is a pastoral emergency) for an exchange of strategies and pastoral methods, as they share in almost all fields, the same social reality (see Fides 23/02/2012). The meeting this year was attended by the Bishops of Alto Valle del Rio Negro, Neuquen, San Carlos de Bariloche, Rio Gallegos, Comodoro Rivadavia), Viedma ed Esquel. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/02/2014)
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites
- 2014-05-28 - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
- 2014-05-26 - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
- 2014-05-14 - "The country is sick of violence": proposal of Bishops to respond to this reality
- 2014-05-05 - Episcopal Assembly begins: "It is impossible to get used to drugs and violence"
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"