VATICAN - Another priest among the pastoral workers killed in 2013
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Another priest has to be added to the list of pastoral workers killed in 2013 (published by Fides on 03/01/2014): We are talking about Fr. András Szarvas, who was killed on September 11, 2013 in Hungary. Therefore 23 is the number of pastoral workers killed in the past year, of whom 20 priests.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, Fr. András Szarvas was born in 1940 in Nógrád, in northern Hungary . He was also an honorary citizen in Cibakháza (diocese of Vac). He was a very much appreciated priest, especially in helping the poor and all those who turned to him.
His body was found in the basement of the parish. The author of the crime, a young 19 –year-old self-confessed, was captured by the police in a public park in the capital, while he was trying to hide. According to the villagers, he most likely knew the pastor and perhaps had also received some help from him. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2014)
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel
- 2015-09-14 - Cardinal Filoni concludes his visit to Bangladesh where he meets families and seminarians
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni meets Bishops, priests, religious and laity of Bangladesh: "We are all in a permanent state of mission"
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of Bangladesh: "try to sow unity in the dioceses"
- 2015-09-11 - Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh for the XXV Anniversary of the diocese of Rajshahi: "there is much work to do"
- 2015-09-07 - Pastoral visit of Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide