VATICAN - Another priest among the pastoral workers killed in 2013
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Another priest has to be added to the list of pastoral workers killed in 2013 (published by Fides on 03/01/2014): We are talking about Fr. András Szarvas, who was killed on September 11, 2013 in Hungary. Therefore 23 is the number of pastoral workers killed in the past year, of whom 20 priests.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, Fr. András Szarvas was born in 1940 in Nógrád, in northern Hungary . He was also an honorary citizen in Cibakháza (diocese of Vac). He was a very much appreciated priest, especially in helping the poor and all those who turned to him.
His body was found in the basement of the parish. The author of the crime, a young 19 –year-old self-confessed, was captured by the police in a public park in the capital, while he was trying to hide. According to the villagers, he most likely knew the pastor and perhaps had also received some help from him. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2014)
- 2014-04-11 - Message of condolence from the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Filoni, for the death of Cardinal Emmanuel III Delly
- 2014-04-10 - Cardinal Filoni closes the conference "Listening to America": "We have become a Church that listens, a Church that travels with God's people who live in America"
- 2014-03-25 - Cardinal Filoni at the Patronal Feast of Urbaniana University: "Euntes docete leave, go and teach"
- 2014-03-25 - Urbaniana University, a laboratory of interculturalism at the service of the Gospel
- 2014-03-20 - " With the mission in the heart": Cardinal Tomko’s 90th Birthday, for 16 years at Propaganda Fide
- 2014-02-28 - The blood of martyrs “scarlet thread” linking Latin America and the Middle East
- 2014-02-13 - Another priest among the pastoral workers killed in 2013
- 2014-02-13 - Cardinal Filoni : "It is wise and healthy to go to Christ’s school, be once again young pupils and listen to the Master"
- 2014-01-27 - The pope: "Joy and Hope" for the people who celebrate the Lunar New Year
- 2014-01-20 - Migrants, "close to the heart of the Church"