VATICAN - Another priest among the pastoral workers killed in 2013
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Another priest has to be added to the list of pastoral workers killed in 2013 (published by Fides on 03/01/2014): We are talking about Fr. András Szarvas, who was killed on September 11, 2013 in Hungary. Therefore 23 is the number of pastoral workers killed in the past year, of whom 20 priests.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, Fr. András Szarvas was born in 1940 in Nógrád, in northern Hungary . He was also an honorary citizen in Cibakháza (diocese of Vac). He was a very much appreciated priest, especially in helping the poor and all those who turned to him.
His body was found in the basement of the parish. The author of the crime, a young 19 –year-old self-confessed, was captured by the police in a public park in the capital, while he was trying to hide. According to the villagers, he most likely knew the pastor and perhaps had also received some help from him. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2014)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel