ASIA/IRAQ - Christian candidates in random order in the next national elections
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) – There will be nine main political lists inspired by Christian activists - Chaldeans, Syrians and Assyrians - who will take part in the upcoming Iraqi parliamentary elections, scheduled for April 30. The Electoral Commission has assigned to the different lists the numbers that identify them. The lists, sponsored by Christians, have been assigned numbers from 298-306. The list includes acronyms which have long been active - like that of the Assyrian Democratic Movement, popularly known as Zowaa, or that of the Chaldean- Syriac-Assyrian People's Council - and others of more recent formation, like that of the Children of Mesopotamia, founded by a secession of Zowaa.
Once again, political activists linked to the Christian communities in Iraq are presented in random order and will have to select 325 members of parliament (with 5 seats reserved to Christians) , called in turn to elect the President and the Iraqi Prime Minister in respect of the system that reserves the presidential office to a Kurd and that of the Prime Minister to a Shiite. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 07/02/2014)
- 2014-07-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Pope Francis calls the Chaldean Patriarch. Rumors about the destruction of churches in Mosul have been denied
- 2014-07-23 - Iraqi Bishops appeal to the Prime Minister and the government: "stop the catastrophe"
- 2014-07-23 - The jihadists of the "Caliphate" attack Tilkif, rejected by Kurdish Peshmerga
- 2014-07-22 - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
- 2014-07-21 - ASIA/IRAQ – The Syrian Monastery of Mar Behnam in the hands of the militia of the "Islamic Caliphate"
- 2014-07-18 - The last Christian families leave Mosul
- 2014-07-16 - In Mosul, the Islamic Caliphate orders: no aid to Christians and Shiites, while their homes are being expropriated
- 2014-07-15 - Letter from Patriarch Louis Raphael I to Iraqi Parliament: there is no time to waste
- 2014-07-15 - The Chaldean nuns and the children released, "a sign of hope for all"
- 2014-07-09 - ASIA/IRAQ – Safety measures taken for the relics of St. Thomas Mosul