ASIA/IRAQ - Christian candidates in random order in the next national elections
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) – There will be nine main political lists inspired by Christian activists - Chaldeans, Syrians and Assyrians - who will take part in the upcoming Iraqi parliamentary elections, scheduled for April 30. The Electoral Commission has assigned to the different lists the numbers that identify them. The lists, sponsored by Christians, have been assigned numbers from 298-306. The list includes acronyms which have long been active - like that of the Assyrian Democratic Movement, popularly known as Zowaa, or that of the Chaldean- Syriac-Assyrian People's Council - and others of more recent formation, like that of the Children of Mesopotamia, founded by a secession of Zowaa.
Once again, political activists linked to the Christian communities in Iraq are presented in random order and will have to select 325 members of parliament (with 5 seats reserved to Christians) , called in turn to elect the President and the Iraqi Prime Minister in respect of the system that reserves the presidential office to a Kurd and that of the Prime Minister to a Shiite. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 07/02/2014)
- 2015-07-23 - Also in Kirkuk expropriation of Christian homes
- 2015-07-22 - The government orders the transfer of the military of the Nineveh Plain to Baghdad; Christian politicians protest
- 2015-07-14 - The Chaldean Church of St. Joseph in Mosul transformed into a mosque
- 2015-07-10 - In Baghdad, Christians kidnapped and killed despite the payment of ransom
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"
- 2015-06-18 - Chaldean Patriarch sends a message to Muslims for the start of Ramadan
- 2015-06-13 - Thousands of Christian homes taken by deception
- 2015-06-10 - Chaldean Patriarch: a year after the fall of Mosul, only national reconciliation can save the country
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"