ASIA/IRAQ - Christian candidates in random order in the next national elections
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) – There will be nine main political lists inspired by Christian activists - Chaldeans, Syrians and Assyrians - who will take part in the upcoming Iraqi parliamentary elections, scheduled for April 30. The Electoral Commission has assigned to the different lists the numbers that identify them. The lists, sponsored by Christians, have been assigned numbers from 298-306. The list includes acronyms which have long been active - like that of the Assyrian Democratic Movement, popularly known as Zowaa, or that of the Chaldean- Syriac-Assyrian People's Council - and others of more recent formation, like that of the Children of Mesopotamia, founded by a secession of Zowaa.
Once again, political activists linked to the Christian communities in Iraq are presented in random order and will have to select 325 members of parliament (with 5 seats reserved to Christians) , called in turn to elect the President and the Iraqi Prime Minister in respect of the system that reserves the presidential office to a Kurd and that of the Prime Minister to a Shiite. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 07/02/2014)
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"
- 2015-05-04 - Chaldean Patriarch opens discussion on the draft Constitution for the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- 2015-05-02 - Military offensive to free the province of Nineveh. Chaldean priest: "Christians want to return to their homes"
- 2015-04-13 - Northern Iraq's displaced get own radio station
- 2015-03-30 - The Chaldean Church participates in the mourning for the death of Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV
- 2015-03-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to the UN: the "Arab Spring" impacted negatively on Christians
- 2015-03-16 - Chaldean Patriarch: a law against preachers who incite violence is needed
- 2015-03-12 - The monastery of St. George in Mosul damaged, but not destroyed
- 2015-03-10 - Appeal of the Chaldean Patriarch: the offensive against the Caliphate causes new humanitarian emergencies
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University