ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Vocations bloom: the ordination of bishops, priests and deacons in Seoul
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - The increase of vocations to priesthood and religious life in South Korea knows no limit: from February 5 to 7, three ordinations of bishops, priests and deacons are to be held in Seoul. Pope Francis has appointed Fr. Timothy Yu Gyoung-chon and Fr. Peter Chung Soon-taek, auxiliary Bishops of the archdiocese. Their ordination will be held at the Olympic Gymnastics Hall in Seoul Olympic Park. They will be ordained by His Exc. Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung, Archbishop of Seoul, and other bishops. Over 10 thousand people are expected to participate. A lot has been going on in past days: from January 27 to February 4, parishes and institutes throughout the diocese celebrated novena prayers for the new bishops .
Then there will be the ordination of 38 priests to be held on February 7. Among the new priests, all diocesan, there is one Vietnamese (Deacon Vu Tan Tuan, from the Diocese of Thai Binh) and a member of the "International Community of the Catholic mission" in Seoul, formed in Panama. This is why Msg. José Domingo Ulloa Mendieta, Archbishop of Panama, and Msg. Nguyen Van De, bishop of the Diocese of Thai Binh in Vietnam will be present. The latter wrote to Cardinal Yeom Soo- jung: "We are very grateful for your efforts in giving Vu Tan Tuan a healthy and good priestly formation". The ordination of the deacons will take place on February 6: 26 will be the new deacons of the archdiocese, who will devote themselves to the service of the faithful, parishes, serving in the liturgy and charity. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2014-02-24 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Catholic Bishops: for 2014 “a Church with a warm heart”
- 2014-02-19 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - "Forty days for life": Church reinforces its commitment against abortion
- 2014-02-10 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul: "The Korean martyrs, a model of holiness"
- 2014-02-06 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - In the wake of Evangelii Gaudium, the Church is committed to the poor and unemployed
- 2014-02-04 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Vocations bloom: the ordination of bishops, priests and deacons in Seoul
- 2014-02-03 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul: "The Pope in Korea? A message of hope for all of Asia"
- 2014-01-24 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Newly appointed Cardinal Yeom Soo-jung visits the homeless
- 2014-01-15 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Archbishop Yeom Soo- jung: "A call to the evangelization of China and North Korea"
- 2013-12-11 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Pastoral Letter of the Archbishop of Seoul: A new year for the new evangelization
- 2013-11-27 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Controversy between a priest and the Korean President: the Archbishop of Seoul invites priests not to get involved in politics