AMERICA/MEXICO - "The use of drugs cannot be fought with drugs", the Archdiocese against the bill
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Archdiocese of Mexico harshly criticizes the proposal to legalize marijuana in Mexico City and instead asks to strengthen alternative solutions concerning prevention and effective treatment of rehabilitation. The weekly of the archdiocese, "Desde la Fe", sent its latest editorial to Fides which expresses the fact of being against the initiative promoted by the Assembly of the Democratic Revolution Party (PRD), highlighting that "the consumption of drugs cannot be fought with drugs".
The text sent to Fides Agency notes that marijuana is the most widely used drug and the consequences are terrible, but the politicians of the PRD are unaware that this problem is due to many factors . "It also does not consider the dramatic and painful reality of drug addicts who experience a limitation that threatens their family and work relationships and socially, it could incite violence and crimimality". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2015-11-18 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The missing priest's body found, he had been set on fire
- 2015-11-17 - Parish priest in Cook has been missing for days
- 2015-11-16 - The child martyrs of Tlaxcala: martyrs of all Latin America
- 2015-11-12 - Minors not allowed to work in the sugarcane fields
- 2015-11-10 - A battlefield where migrants suffer, are attacked, die
- 2015-11-06 - Mgr. Arizmendi inaugurates a house of the migrant in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- 2015-11-05 - Bishops' appeal for peace: "Dialogue with everyone, even with organized crime"
- 2015-11-03 - For the first time in Mexican history a Pope's encyclical will be presented in the Senate
- 2015-10-27 - “Drugs are drugs even when sold as medicines”: the Catholic stance
- 2015-10-27 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Children in mining areas risk lead poisoning