AMERICA/MEXICO - "The use of drugs cannot be fought with drugs", the Archdiocese against the bill
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Archdiocese of Mexico harshly criticizes the proposal to legalize marijuana in Mexico City and instead asks to strengthen alternative solutions concerning prevention and effective treatment of rehabilitation. The weekly of the archdiocese, "Desde la Fe", sent its latest editorial to Fides which expresses the fact of being against the initiative promoted by the Assembly of the Democratic Revolution Party (PRD), highlighting that "the consumption of drugs cannot be fought with drugs".
The text sent to Fides Agency notes that marijuana is the most widely used drug and the consequences are terrible, but the politicians of the PRD are unaware that this problem is due to many factors . "It also does not consider the dramatic and painful reality of drug addicts who experience a limitation that threatens their family and work relationships and socially, it could incite violence and crimimality". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
- 2014-07-03 - Formation and spirituality for a missionary Church, engaged in society
- 2014-07-02 - Immigrant children: now even more controls on the southern border of Mexico