AMERICA/MEXICO - "The use of drugs cannot be fought with drugs", the Archdiocese against the bill
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Archdiocese of Mexico harshly criticizes the proposal to legalize marijuana in Mexico City and instead asks to strengthen alternative solutions concerning prevention and effective treatment of rehabilitation. The weekly of the archdiocese, "Desde la Fe", sent its latest editorial to Fides which expresses the fact of being against the initiative promoted by the Assembly of the Democratic Revolution Party (PRD), highlighting that "the consumption of drugs cannot be fought with drugs".
The text sent to Fides Agency notes that marijuana is the most widely used drug and the consequences are terrible, but the politicians of the PRD are unaware that this problem is due to many factors . "It also does not consider the dramatic and painful reality of drug addicts who experience a limitation that threatens their family and work relationships and socially, it could incite violence and crimimality". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2015-09-30 - Parish canteen transformed into a hall to exhibit the photographs of missing persons
- 2015-09-28 - Mgr. Arizmendi on the events in Chiapas: "Yes to protest, but never with violence"
- 2015-09-26 - "No one can remain indifferent". A year ago, the massacre of 43 students in Iguala
- 2015-09-25 - Proposal for reform to combat the poverty of 20 million children
- 2015-09-21 - Free surgeries for children and adults with cleft lip and palate
- 2015-09-15 - "In Mexico there is no real administration of justice" says the Archdiocese of Mexico
- 2015-09-08 - Meeting of the Bishops of Mexico and the United States on the expulsion of immigrants
- 2015-09-04 - May our nation be an open space for respectable migration, in justice and peace
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth