AMERICA/MEXICO - "The use of drugs cannot be fought with drugs", the Archdiocese against the bill
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Archdiocese of Mexico harshly criticizes the proposal to legalize marijuana in Mexico City and instead asks to strengthen alternative solutions concerning prevention and effective treatment of rehabilitation. The weekly of the archdiocese, "Desde la Fe", sent its latest editorial to Fides which expresses the fact of being against the initiative promoted by the Assembly of the Democratic Revolution Party (PRD), highlighting that "the consumption of drugs cannot be fought with drugs".
The text sent to Fides Agency notes that marijuana is the most widely used drug and the consequences are terrible, but the politicians of the PRD are unaware that this problem is due to many factors . "It also does not consider the dramatic and painful reality of drug addicts who experience a limitation that threatens their family and work relationships and socially, it could incite violence and crimimality". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement