AMERICA/MEXICO - "The use of drugs cannot be fought with drugs", the Archdiocese against the bill
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Archdiocese of Mexico harshly criticizes the proposal to legalize marijuana in Mexico City and instead asks to strengthen alternative solutions concerning prevention and effective treatment of rehabilitation. The weekly of the archdiocese, "Desde la Fe", sent its latest editorial to Fides which expresses the fact of being against the initiative promoted by the Assembly of the Democratic Revolution Party (PRD), highlighting that "the consumption of drugs cannot be fought with drugs".
The text sent to Fides Agency notes that marijuana is the most widely used drug and the consequences are terrible, but the politicians of the PRD are unaware that this problem is due to many factors . "It also does not consider the dramatic and painful reality of drug addicts who experience a limitation that threatens their family and work relationships and socially, it could incite violence and crimimality". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests