AFRICA/RWANDA - An initiative to spread the Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church
Kigali (Agenzia Fides) - "In order to offer a suitable tool to spread the knowledge of the Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church in the Christian community in Rwanda, the Kwizera Association has promoted the publication of a summary of the work, a volume of over 300 pages, contained in a hundred pages", says a note sent to Fides Agency. "In this way - adds the note - "Pope Benedict XVI’s request, contained in the Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Africae Munus in November 2011 to spread the Social Doctrine of the Church among the laity who have political, economic and social responsibility, has been welcomed".
The Summary, which examines one by one all the 583 paragraphs of the Compendium, is the work of an experienced expert on the subject, the French Denis Matschek who has kindly authorized the Kwizera association to ensure its dissemination in Rwanda. The Rwandan edition contains a summary in the appendix, in which Benedict XVI, in continuity with the teaching of his predecessors, enriches the Compendium of additional elements.
These days the French text in electronic format (e book) has been released.
After the pastors of the local church take note of the work, the same may request copies for the pastoral needs of the individual dioceses. (LM) (Agenzia Fides 03/02/2014)
- 2014-12-22 - A fish farm to support the orphanage in Muhura
- 2014-02-03 - An initiative to spread the Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church
- 2013-04-09 - Refugee camps are collapsing due to another stream of Congolese
- 2012-03-26 - Lack of water: every 17 seconds a child dies, more than 40% of the population in sub-Saharan Africa is severly affected.
- 2012-03-15 - Mgr. Misago has died, Bishop of Gikongoro, accused and acquitted for the genocide in 1994
- 2012-03-08 - The Catholic Church signed an agreement with the police to combat violence against women
- 2012-02-13 - biogas system for cooking in the orphanage of Muhura
- 2011-04-15 - In the rural area of Muhura 40,000 people can now take advantage of the electricity power
- 2011-03-03 - Aqueduct in operation for the 28,000 inhabitants in the district of Gicumbi
- 2010-12-07 - Maternal and infant mortality rates are improving but there is still a long way to go for health care in the Country