AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Links with Cameroon are to be ensured as soon as possible", asks the Minister of Communication
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) – It is necessary to secure the road link that connects the Central African Republic to Cameroon. This is the appeal launched in Rome by Adrien Pousson, Minister of Communication of the Central African Republic, during a press conference at the headquarters of the Community of Sant'Egidio.
The Minister in particular addressed the leaders of the two military missions in the Country, the French and the African Countries (MISCA), so that they guarantee the safety of the road corridor with Cameroon, a vital artery through which food supply for most of Central Africa arrives. The Minister recalled that at least one million people are displaced within the Country.
Adrien Pousson also defined the election of President Catherine Samba-Panza (see Fides 21/01/2014) a "strong signal for national reconciliation, she is the first woman to have access to the highest office of the Central African State. According to the Minister, the enactment of a national Commission "for truth and reconciliation", the coordination of humanitarian aid, and the preparation of legislative elections scheduled for February 2015 are among the priorities of the new President. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 22/01/2014)
- 2014-03-05 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Imam of Bangui: "If we want peace, we must be impartial and condemn all forms of violence"
- 2014-02-26 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC – Work goes on at Bangui university despite chaos
- 2014-02-24 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC - “churches and mosques must be rid of armed infiltrators”: say the Catholic Archbishop and the Imam of Bangui
- 2014-02-18 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The Anti Balaka are doing more damage than Seleka", says a missionary
- 2014-02-14 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "God exists and God knows"
- 2014-02-10 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Religious leaders’ appeal: "Do not drag religion into political conflict"
- 2014-02-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Christians and Muslims: the same blood, the same language, the same Country"
- 2014-02-04 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The situation in Bouar is a bit calmer although there are reprisals against the Muslims"
- 2014-01-27 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Are the Anti Balaka really a "Christian militia"?
- 2014-01-23 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The State has collapsed, UN intervention is needed": appeal of the Archbishop of Bangui and the Imam