AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Links with Cameroon are to be ensured as soon as possible", asks the Minister of Communication
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) – It is necessary to secure the road link that connects the Central African Republic to Cameroon. This is the appeal launched in Rome by Adrien Pousson, Minister of Communication of the Central African Republic, during a press conference at the headquarters of the Community of Sant'Egidio.
The Minister in particular addressed the leaders of the two military missions in the Country, the French and the African Countries (MISCA), so that they guarantee the safety of the road corridor with Cameroon, a vital artery through which food supply for most of Central Africa arrives. The Minister recalled that at least one million people are displaced within the Country.
Adrien Pousson also defined the election of President Catherine Samba-Panza (see Fides 21/01/2014) a "strong signal for national reconciliation, she is the first woman to have access to the highest office of the Central African State. According to the Minister, the enactment of a national Commission "for truth and reconciliation", the coordination of humanitarian aid, and the preparation of legislative elections scheduled for February 2015 are among the priorities of the new President. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 22/01/2014)
- 2014-12-09 - “Where are you, perpetrator of violence in Central Africa?” demands the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-12-04 - Special Mass for peace at Bangui Carmel hosting 4,000 refugees
- 2014-12-02 - The Bishops denounce: "Banditry threatens peace, it seems that some have fun scattering weapons among the population"
- 2014-11-28 - The head of the group that had seized the Polish priest has been released
- 2014-11-27 - The Vicar General of Bouar: "Fr. Mateusz is fine and was released without the use of force"
- 2014-11-25 - Mgr. Nzapalainga and the Church in aid of former Seleka rebels: a gesture of forgiveness and reconciliation
- 2014-11-20 - AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Award given to the leaders of the "platform of Religious for Peace", including the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-10-15 - Contacts with the kidnappers of the Polish missionary
- 2014-10-08 - Despite chaos and violence in Bozoum, schools have reopened and the pastoral year has started
- 2014-10-03 - Caritas France: "The situation is still critical because of violence"