AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) – From January 22 to January 26, the XIII Regional Meeting of the Andean Youth Ministry will be held in Cochabamba (Bolivia). According to the note sent to Fides Agency, the aim is to reflect on the work that has been done.
The event is coordinated by the Youth Ministry of Colombia, led by the Regional Director Fr. Roberto Arenas.
Youth ministry delegates from Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Colombia will participate. The meeting will be held at the Youth Ministry Retreat House, located in the municipality of Vinto, in Cochabamba. Fr. Arenas, director of the Colombian Episcopal Commission for the Laity stressed the importance of this meeting because an assessment of the people, movements and orientations that have marked and can shape the future of this ministry will be made. The meeting will see the participation of the Bishop of Ciudad Guyana, His Exc. Mgr. Mariano José Parra Sandoval, responsible of the Youth Section of the Latin American Episcopal Council - LAMEC. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/01/2014)
- 2014-08-05 - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
- 2014-08-04 - Prevention to fight against the new phenomenon of 'micro-trafficking' of drugs
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"