AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) – From January 22 to January 26, the XIII Regional Meeting of the Andean Youth Ministry will be held in Cochabamba (Bolivia). According to the note sent to Fides Agency, the aim is to reflect on the work that has been done.
The event is coordinated by the Youth Ministry of Colombia, led by the Regional Director Fr. Roberto Arenas.
Youth ministry delegates from Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Colombia will participate. The meeting will be held at the Youth Ministry Retreat House, located in the municipality of Vinto, in Cochabamba. Fr. Arenas, director of the Colombian Episcopal Commission for the Laity stressed the importance of this meeting because an assessment of the people, movements and orientations that have marked and can shape the future of this ministry will be made. The meeting will see the participation of the Bishop of Ciudad Guyana, His Exc. Mgr. Mariano José Parra Sandoval, responsible of the Youth Section of the Latin American Episcopal Council - LAMEC. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/01/2014)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz