AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Children: victims of abuse and orphans without any protection
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The number of orphaned children in Venezuela, without any health care, as well as those injured or killed continues to increase. With the exception of some Countries, children in the world continue to be victims, often helpless and fragile, of the horrors of society. They are beaten, raped and prostitute themselves. They are not safe even in their own homes, they are not recognized as human beings. They are recruited with deception for acts of terrorism, murder and other forms of delinquency. Venezuela is among the Countries where childhood is totally ignored and considered only as instrumental material. In the Country there is not even a body that can determine the number of orphaned minors registered in the past ten years. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2014)
- 2015-03-03 - Classes suspended in the University of Tachira, false accusations made against the Catholic University
- 2015-02-27 - The Bishops: "Stop murderous violence!"
- 2015-02-25 - More violence and protests: 6 dead in six days of demonstrations
- 2015-02-24 - Growing tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa denounces murder of 3 students
- 2015-02-20 - Police arrest Mayor of Caracas, for Archbishop Lückert “proof of dictatorship ”
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm
- 2015-01-08 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Assembly of Bishops: dialogue to end the crisis and the necessity to find agreed solutions