AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Children: victims of abuse and orphans without any protection
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The number of orphaned children in Venezuela, without any health care, as well as those injured or killed continues to increase. With the exception of some Countries, children in the world continue to be victims, often helpless and fragile, of the horrors of society. They are beaten, raped and prostitute themselves. They are not safe even in their own homes, they are not recognized as human beings. They are recruited with deception for acts of terrorism, murder and other forms of delinquency. Venezuela is among the Countries where childhood is totally ignored and considered only as instrumental material. In the Country there is not even a body that can determine the number of orphaned minors registered in the past ten years. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2014)
- 2014-04-16 - "The situation of the country does not depend only on a political issue", said Mgr. Parra Sandoval
- 2014-04-14 - Cardinal Urosa invites to find every possible path to solve the serious problems in the country, due to general discomfort
- 2014-04-11 - Pope Francis writes to Venezuelan leaders and opposition ahead of key talks
- 2014-04-08 - Growing concerns about insecurity, while today Maduro meets the opposition
- 2014-04-03 - The Bishops alarm after two months of violence: "Venezuela government seeks 'totalitarian' regime"
- 2014-03-29 - The Holy See "willing and eager" to help Venezuela
- 2014-03-25 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Dialogue is "necessary" to stop violence
- 2014-03-21 - Bishops, missionaries, believers from all over the country: we want peace!
- 2014-03-15 - The Church: stop to the violence in Venezuela
- 2014-03-11 - One cannot stop violence with violence