AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Children: victims of abuse and orphans without any protection
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The number of orphaned children in Venezuela, without any health care, as well as those injured or killed continues to increase. With the exception of some Countries, children in the world continue to be victims, often helpless and fragile, of the horrors of society. They are beaten, raped and prostitute themselves. They are not safe even in their own homes, they are not recognized as human beings. They are recruited with deception for acts of terrorism, murder and other forms of delinquency. Venezuela is among the Countries where childhood is totally ignored and considered only as instrumental material. In the Country there is not even a body that can determine the number of orphaned minors registered in the past ten years. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2014)
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm
- 2015-01-08 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Assembly of Bishops: dialogue to end the crisis and the necessity to find agreed solutions
- 2014-12-06 - Poverty, few infrastructures and precarious preventive measures: fertile terrain for Chikungunya virus
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed