AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Children: victims of abuse and orphans without any protection
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The number of orphaned children in Venezuela, without any health care, as well as those injured or killed continues to increase. With the exception of some Countries, children in the world continue to be victims, often helpless and fragile, of the horrors of society. They are beaten, raped and prostitute themselves. They are not safe even in their own homes, they are not recognized as human beings. They are recruited with deception for acts of terrorism, murder and other forms of delinquency. Venezuela is among the Countries where childhood is totally ignored and considered only as instrumental material. In the Country there is not even a body that can determine the number of orphaned minors registered in the past ten years. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2014)
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene
- 2015-06-19 - "They have our support": Mgr. Conde receives young people on hunger strike and writes to the Pope
- 2015-06-05 - Appeal to the authorities in favor of protesters on hunger strike
- 2015-06-03 - The Church calls on the authorities to respond to the students on hunger strike
- 2015-05-30 - Six young people on hunger strike in a church in Caracas