ASIA/PAKISTAN - Violation of basic human rights: kidnappings, killings and mutilations
Quetta (Agenzia Fides) - Incidents of human rights violations have recently occurred in some cities of Baluchistan.
According to what is reported by the Baloch Human Rights Organisation, an Organisation for Human Rights, security forces have kidnapped and killed five people, among them a 10-year-old boy. During a demonstration, the representatives of the organization launched their warning to international organizations with regards to the protection of human rights and to underline the cruel murder of four innocent victims in Dera Bugti and of a child in Turbat. They argue that, after they were killed the armed forces threw the mutilated bodies in different areas. The organization reported that recent cases of human rights violations by security forces have shown a total lack of respect for the rule of law and fundamental rights of citizens. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2014)
- 2015-10-05 - Christian girls kidnapped and raped by Muslims
- 2015-10-01 - Christians imprisoned for blasphemy fear an extrajudicial murder
- 2015-09-25 - The Bishops: "No" to discrimination on the status of religious minorities
- 2015-09-24 - Five new Franciscan friars to bring the Gospel in the "land of the Taliban"
- 2015-09-22 - It is necessary to promote tolerance and prevent sectarianism
- 2015-09-21 - Violence against a Christian family to steal the house and land
- 2015-09-18 - Local elections in Punjab: Christians say "no" to discrimination
- 2015-09-17 - To commemorate the "Christian heroes"
- 2015-09-04 - A court denies bail to some Christians arrested for blasphemy
- 2015-09-03 - Christian in prison on false charges of blasphemy after a private dispute