ASIA/PAKISTAN - Violation of basic human rights: kidnappings, killings and mutilations
Quetta (Agenzia Fides) - Incidents of human rights violations have recently occurred in some cities of Baluchistan.
According to what is reported by the Baloch Human Rights Organisation, an Organisation for Human Rights, security forces have kidnapped and killed five people, among them a 10-year-old boy. During a demonstration, the representatives of the organization launched their warning to international organizations with regards to the protection of human rights and to underline the cruel murder of four innocent victims in Dera Bugti and of a child in Turbat. They argue that, after they were killed the armed forces threw the mutilated bodies in different areas. The organization reported that recent cases of human rights violations by security forces have shown a total lack of respect for the rule of law and fundamental rights of citizens. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2014)
- 2015-01-26 - New church dedicated to Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, in an area where poor families live
- 2015-01-17 - Conversions and forced marriages legitimized by the High Court
- 2015-01-16 - The Director of a Christian magazine: "With the Pope we say no to the vilification of Islam"
- 2015-01-13 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – A mentally disabled man killed on charges of blasphemy
- 2015-01-12 - A hall of Christian worship set on fire: faithful in terror
- 2015-01-08 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Attack in Paris: "Not in the name of Allah"
- 2015-01-07 - Hundreds of children are starving to death because of the drought in the south of the Country
- 2014-12-29 - Anti-terrorism Committee: no religious minority representatives
- 2014-12-23 - Share of government jobs reserved for minorities: still an illusion
- 2014-12-22 - Christmas: solidarity with the victims of the massacre in Peshawar