ASIA/PAKISTAN - Violation of basic human rights: kidnappings, killings and mutilations
Quetta (Agenzia Fides) - Incidents of human rights violations have recently occurred in some cities of Baluchistan.
According to what is reported by the Baloch Human Rights Organisation, an Organisation for Human Rights, security forces have kidnapped and killed five people, among them a 10-year-old boy. During a demonstration, the representatives of the organization launched their warning to international organizations with regards to the protection of human rights and to underline the cruel murder of four innocent victims in Dera Bugti and of a child in Turbat. They argue that, after they were killed the armed forces threw the mutilated bodies in different areas. The organization reported that recent cases of human rights violations by security forces have shown a total lack of respect for the rule of law and fundamental rights of citizens. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2014)
- 2015-05-29 - Innocent victims of blasphemy are forced to leave the country
- 2015-05-29 - Church destroyed and six Christians beaten in Punjab
- 2015-05-28 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Children do not go to school in order to beg in the street
- 2015-05-28 - "The Church's mission continues despite terrorism", says the Director of the PMS
- 2015-05-27 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Changes to the blasphemy law: the government's bill, Christians approve
- 2015-05-26 - Christian lawyers: "The blasphemy law has to be abolished"
- 2015-05-25 - Accusation of blasphemy: violence in a Christian area in Lahore, but "no alarmism"
- 2015-05-22 - 106 indicted for the murder of two Christians burned alive: "A step towards justice"
- 2015-05-21 - Punjab moves to protect women victims of violence
- 2015-05-19 - "A warning to Pakistan", reaction to the murder for blasphemy in Afghanistan