ASIA/PAKISTAN - Violation of basic human rights: kidnappings, killings and mutilations
Quetta (Agenzia Fides) - Incidents of human rights violations have recently occurred in some cities of Baluchistan.
According to what is reported by the Baloch Human Rights Organisation, an Organisation for Human Rights, security forces have kidnapped and killed five people, among them a 10-year-old boy. During a demonstration, the representatives of the organization launched their warning to international organizations with regards to the protection of human rights and to underline the cruel murder of four innocent victims in Dera Bugti and of a child in Turbat. They argue that, after they were killed the armed forces threw the mutilated bodies in different areas. The organization reported that recent cases of human rights violations by security forces have shown a total lack of respect for the rule of law and fundamental rights of citizens. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2014)
- 2015-11-26 - Kidnapping and conversion of a 13-year-old Christian girl to Islam
- 2015-11-24 - The first hearing in the appeal case of blasphemy convicted Sajjad Masih Gill fixed
- 2015-11-20 - Need to recognize the persecution of minorities
- 2015-11-18 - Francis of Assisi and the encyclical "Laudato Sì"
- 2015-11-16 - Archbishop Shaw: "Christians in Pakistan pray for Paris"
- 2015-11-13 - Christian activist shot in the legs
- 2015-11-12 - Christian students are prohibited to use the toilets used by Muslims at school
- 2015-11-10 - Discrimination in the education system: a petition to the Supreme Court
- 2015-11-09 - Christians: there is "selection", not "election" of minorities in the local vote
- 2015-11-05 - A year ago a Christian couple was burned alive: today new life for their children