ASIA/PAKISTAN - Violation of basic human rights: kidnappings, killings and mutilations
Quetta (Agenzia Fides) - Incidents of human rights violations have recently occurred in some cities of Baluchistan.
According to what is reported by the Baloch Human Rights Organisation, an Organisation for Human Rights, security forces have kidnapped and killed five people, among them a 10-year-old boy. During a demonstration, the representatives of the organization launched their warning to international organizations with regards to the protection of human rights and to underline the cruel murder of four innocent victims in Dera Bugti and of a child in Turbat. They argue that, after they were killed the armed forces threw the mutilated bodies in different areas. The organization reported that recent cases of human rights violations by security forces have shown a total lack of respect for the rule of law and fundamental rights of citizens. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2014)
- 2015-02-25 - New Amnesty Report: "Religious intolerance increases"
- 2015-02-23 - Robbery and kidnapping in a Catholic church
- 2015-02-17 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Women’s Day in Faisalabad: greater rights and dignity for working women
- 2015-02-16 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Expectation for appeal verdict for the murderer of governor Taseer
- 2015-02-13 - Blasphemy: the judiciary in Punjab lists 50 unfounded cases and organizes rapid trials
- 2015-02-10 - The Archbishop of Lahore: "Blessed are the parents who teach love, not hatred to their children"
- 2015-01-31 - "Ensuring security and justice for minorities": New Report by Human Rights Watch
- 2015-01-30 - Anti-Charlie Hebdo protesters storm Christian school
- 2015-01-29 - Legal battle for the custody of the children of the Christian couple burned alive
- 2015-01-28 - Taseer murder, justice to the test