AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Children subject of rights: an obligation for all States
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The website of the "Information System on early childhood" in Latin America (SIPI) has been updated. SIPI is a system oriented to satisfy the rights of early childhood in the continent. The system provides the regulations and policies (with updated data) implemented in the different Latin American countries.
The note sent to Fides Agency also illustrates the fundamental concept that inspired SIPI: to think of children as subjects of rights. Children are not to be considered a transition phase to adulthood, but as a time of life that has value in itself. For this reason, the focus on early childhood education is an obligation of States.
The idea of considering a child as a subject of rights produces at least three effects. First of all, not only the information regarding the welfare achieved by the children becomes relevant, but also the activities of the State. Secondly, this perspective determines the type of information that must be analyzed. Finally, it is important to consider the implementation of policies for children, their families and the community. The perspective of rights thus provides a rich framework on the basis of which one begins to accompany early childhood and identify what the State should guarantee a child. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2015-11-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – For the Bishops: to encourage gambling addiction "is a crime against the poorest"
- 2015-11-25 - New President: the Church hopes stronger solidarity policies for vulnerable sectors
- 2015-11-20 - Thousands occupy houses and land, the Bishop denounces the absence of state authorities
- 2015-11-17 - Family, formation of priests, environmental problems: the topics analyzed by the Bishops
- 2015-11-11 - 140 years ago the first group of Salesian missionaries arrived in Patagonia
- 2015-11-09 - Assembly of Bishops in progress: Eucharistic Congress, family and priestly formation Buenos
- 2015-11-05 - Mining company withdraws from La Rioja: statement of the Bishop and the Deputy Governor
- 2015-11-04 - The request of the diocese to the State: "Do not suspend the subsidies to schools"
- 2015-11-03 - National Day of the Sick, an opportunity aimed to arouse greater sensitivity
- 2015-10-26 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – First stage of Bishop’s beatification process expected to take two years