AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Children subject of rights: an obligation for all States
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The website of the "Information System on early childhood" in Latin America (SIPI) has been updated. SIPI is a system oriented to satisfy the rights of early childhood in the continent. The system provides the regulations and policies (with updated data) implemented in the different Latin American countries.
The note sent to Fides Agency also illustrates the fundamental concept that inspired SIPI: to think of children as subjects of rights. Children are not to be considered a transition phase to adulthood, but as a time of life that has value in itself. For this reason, the focus on early childhood education is an obligation of States.
The idea of considering a child as a subject of rights produces at least three effects. First of all, not only the information regarding the welfare achieved by the children becomes relevant, but also the activities of the State. Secondly, this perspective determines the type of information that must be analyzed. Finally, it is important to consider the implementation of policies for children, their families and the community. The perspective of rights thus provides a rich framework on the basis of which one begins to accompany early childhood and identify what the State should guarantee a child. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children