AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Children subject of rights: an obligation for all States
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The website of the "Information System on early childhood" in Latin America (SIPI) has been updated. SIPI is a system oriented to satisfy the rights of early childhood in the continent. The system provides the regulations and policies (with updated data) implemented in the different Latin American countries.
The note sent to Fides Agency also illustrates the fundamental concept that inspired SIPI: to think of children as subjects of rights. Children are not to be considered a transition phase to adulthood, but as a time of life that has value in itself. For this reason, the focus on early childhood education is an obligation of States.
The idea of considering a child as a subject of rights produces at least three effects. First of all, not only the information regarding the welfare achieved by the children becomes relevant, but also the activities of the State. Secondly, this perspective determines the type of information that must be analyzed. Finally, it is important to consider the implementation of policies for children, their families and the community. The perspective of rights thus provides a rich framework on the basis of which one begins to accompany early childhood and identify what the State should guarantee a child. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship
- 2015-07-22 - "Bring Christ to families": hundreds of young people on a mission to Goya
- 2015-07-21 - "Mission, a way of life": towards the fourth National Meeting of Missionary Groups
- 2015-07-15 - Nearly 30 percent of Argentines live in a situation of poverty
- 2015-07-10 - The Archbishop of Tucuman denounces: laws that violate the rights and freedom of conscience, attacks against the Church, a climate of fear
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"