ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Thousands of children are ready to go back to school to begin a process of recovery towards normality
San Roque (Agenzia Fides) - Two months after the violent typhoon Haiyan that destroyed the Country, the children of the district of San Roque eagerly await the day to return to school. For most of the children in this neighborhood, the experience of the typhoon brought several consequences. In general they are forced to live in makeshift and precarious homes, tents, or evacuation centers, and the return to school could be a turning point for their psychological recovery. After the disaster, the "Back to School" campaign was launched with the goal of allowing 500 thousand children in the affected areas to return to school as early as possible. The primary school in San Roque is one of those being rebuilt. Currently there are two tents with 6 classrooms. During emergency situations, school is the best environment for the protection of minors. From here they can begin the path of recovery towards normality. From another point of view, their return to school helps parents reorganize their lives. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2014-04-08 - The Bishops: "We respect the Supreme Court, we defend life with the right to conscientious objection"
- 2014-04-08 - The Supreme Court: Reproductive Health law is valid, but yes to conscientious objection
- 2014-03-28 - The missionaries: "May the agreement with the rebels of the South bring peace, justice and development"
- 2014-03-25 - Over 7.7 million dollars for aid to victims of the typhoon: The Church guarantees transparency
- 2014-03-21 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Award to the Islamic movement for dialogue "Silsilah" in Southern Philippines
- 2014-03-04 - Bishops' message for Lent: "Poverty dehumanizes the country"
- 2014-02-20 - The commitment of the Churches for AIDS patients
- 2014-02-07 - Simple boats transformed into mobile clinics to deliver humanitarian and medical aid
- 2014-01-14 - Thousands of children are ready to go back to school to begin a process of recovery towards normality
- 2014-01-14 - The Superior General OMI: "With Msg. Quevedo, let us look at the Church of the poor"