ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Thousands of children are ready to go back to school to begin a process of recovery towards normality
San Roque (Agenzia Fides) - Two months after the violent typhoon Haiyan that destroyed the Country, the children of the district of San Roque eagerly await the day to return to school. For most of the children in this neighborhood, the experience of the typhoon brought several consequences. In general they are forced to live in makeshift and precarious homes, tents, or evacuation centers, and the return to school could be a turning point for their psychological recovery. After the disaster, the "Back to School" campaign was launched with the goal of allowing 500 thousand children in the affected areas to return to school as early as possible. The primary school in San Roque is one of those being rebuilt. Currently there are two tents with 6 classrooms. During emergency situations, school is the best environment for the protection of minors. From here they can begin the path of recovery towards normality. From another point of view, their return to school helps parents reorganize their lives. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school
- 2015-05-13 - The construction of a new shelter for the poor has begun
- 2015-05-08 - The Village of Harmony has been giving an example of "life-in-dialogue" in southern Philippines for 25 years
- 2015-04-24 - Islamic and Christian religious leaders: "Necessity to review the Bangasamoro Basic Law"
- 2015-04-09 - The Church to the President: "It is time to approve land reform"
- 2015-03-31 - Cardinal Tagle: "Way of the Cross on Good Friday in prayer for peace"
- 2015-03-28 - Humanitarian crisis in Mindanao; a law has been submitted in the Philippine congress on the Muslim region
- 2015-02-26 - Military offensive in Mindanao; the Bishop in Basilan: "For peace, sincerity is needed"