ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Thousands of children are ready to go back to school to begin a process of recovery towards normality
San Roque (Agenzia Fides) - Two months after the violent typhoon Haiyan that destroyed the Country, the children of the district of San Roque eagerly await the day to return to school. For most of the children in this neighborhood, the experience of the typhoon brought several consequences. In general they are forced to live in makeshift and precarious homes, tents, or evacuation centers, and the return to school could be a turning point for their psychological recovery. After the disaster, the "Back to School" campaign was launched with the goal of allowing 500 thousand children in the affected areas to return to school as early as possible. The primary school in San Roque is one of those being rebuilt. Currently there are two tents with 6 classrooms. During emergency situations, school is the best environment for the protection of minors. From here they can begin the path of recovery towards normality. From another point of view, their return to school helps parents reorganize their lives. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2015-08-28 - The Church joins the Pope for the "Day of Creation" which opens the "Season of Creation"
- 2015-08-26 - Caritas launches "phase two" for rehabilitation after typhoon Yolanda
- 2015-07-21 - Bishops' Message: "Climate change, a matter of social justice"
- 2015-06-25 - "Laudati Sì" a source of inspiration for dialogue and for the care of creation
- 2015-06-22 - Cardinal Quevedo: "The disarmament of Islamic guerrillas is an important step for peace"
- 2015-06-02 - Message from the "Silsilah" movement: a Ramadan of peace in Mindanao
- 2015-05-26 - Bishops: "Laity and parishes have to act in order to combat modern slavery"
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school