VATICAN - Pope announces the appointment of New Cardinals, 4 are from the territories of Propaganda Fide
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) – During the Angelus on Sunday, January 12th, the Holy Father announced the creation of 19 new Cardinals in the next consistory to be held on February 22. Of these, three are ordinary and one emeritus of the territories entrusted to the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples: His Exc. Mgr. Jean-Pierre Kutwa, Archbishop of Abidjan (Côte d' Ivoire); His Exc. Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo Jung, Archbishop of Seoul (Korea); His Exc. Mgr. Philippe Nakellentuba Ouedraogo, Archbishop of Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso); His Exc. Mgr. Kelvin Edward Felix, Archbishop Emeritus of Castries (West Indies).
The 16 Cardinal appointees are: 5 from Latin America, 1 from North America, 2 from Asia, two from Africa and 6 from Europe. Together with them "three Archbishops emeriti distinguished for their service to the Holy See and to the Church: Loris Francesco Capovilla, Titular Archbishop of Mesembria; Fernando Sebastián Aguilar, C.M.F., Archbishop emeritus of Pamplona; Kelvin Edward Felix, Archbishop emeritus of Castries.
Pope Francis accompanied the announcement with an invitation: Let us pray for the new Cardinals, that vested in the virtues and the sentiments of the Lord Jesus, the Good Shepherd, they might be able to help more effectively the Bishop of Rome in his service to the universal Church" (SL) (Agenzia Fides 13/01/2014)
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"
- 2015-01-19 - Cardinal Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation, on a pastoral visit in Vietnam
- 2015-01-14 - Saint Joseph Vaz, an example of missionary zeal
- 2015-01-07 - Pope Francis on the Day of Missionary Childhood: "Children announcers of the Gospel"