VATICAN - Pope announces the appointment of New Cardinals, 4 are from the territories of Propaganda Fide
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) – During the Angelus on Sunday, January 12th, the Holy Father announced the creation of 19 new Cardinals in the next consistory to be held on February 22. Of these, three are ordinary and one emeritus of the territories entrusted to the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples: His Exc. Mgr. Jean-Pierre Kutwa, Archbishop of Abidjan (Côte d' Ivoire); His Exc. Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo Jung, Archbishop of Seoul (Korea); His Exc. Mgr. Philippe Nakellentuba Ouedraogo, Archbishop of Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso); His Exc. Mgr. Kelvin Edward Felix, Archbishop Emeritus of Castries (West Indies).
The 16 Cardinal appointees are: 5 from Latin America, 1 from North America, 2 from Asia, two from Africa and 6 from Europe. Together with them "three Archbishops emeriti distinguished for their service to the Holy See and to the Church: Loris Francesco Capovilla, Titular Archbishop of Mesembria; Fernando Sebastián Aguilar, C.M.F., Archbishop emeritus of Pamplona; Kelvin Edward Felix, Archbishop emeritus of Castries.
Pope Francis accompanied the announcement with an invitation: Let us pray for the new Cardinals, that vested in the virtues and the sentiments of the Lord Jesus, the Good Shepherd, they might be able to help more effectively the Bishop of Rome in his service to the universal Church" (SL) (Agenzia Fides 13/01/2014)
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel
- 2015-09-14 - Cardinal Filoni concludes his visit to Bangladesh where he meets families and seminarians
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni meets Bishops, priests, religious and laity of Bangladesh: "We are all in a permanent state of mission"
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of Bangladesh: "try to sow unity in the dioceses"
- 2015-09-11 - Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh for the XXV Anniversary of the diocese of Rajshahi: "there is much work to do"
- 2015-09-07 - Pastoral visit of Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide